Virtualization Disabled on PC

Go to solution Solved by toogamer,

You must go into the bios and change the toggle for Intel Virtualiztion Tech.

Hey guys, so I've had this HP Envy m6-1205dx for about two years now. In the past 6 months I increased the RAM to 16GB and put an SSD in it. It has also been upgraded to Windows 10. Here's my problem: I intend to run virtual machines on this laptop and I have in the past with no problems. But at some point it stopped working, and I just discovered today that in the Task Manager Performance tab, when you select CPU, it says Virtualization is disabled. I think this is the reason why I can no longer run virtual machines on this laptop, but I'm wondering why and how this setting ever got changed, and how I change it back so I can run VMs. Thanks for the help guys.

Hey guys, so I've had this HP Envy m6-1205dx for about two years now. In the past 6 months I increased the RAM to 16GB and put an SSD in it. It has also been upgraded to Windows 10. Here's my problem: I intend to run virtual machines on this laptop and I have in the past with no problems. But at some point it stopped working, and I just discovered today that in the Task Manager Performance tab, when you select CPU, it says Virtualization is disabled. I think this is the reason why I can no longer run virtual machines on this laptop, but I'm wondering why and how this setting ever got changed, and how I change it back so I can run VMs. Thanks for the help guys.

Most likely it is disabled in your BIOS, I forget what the setting is under but I know I had to enable visualization in my BIOS before I could.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

You must go into the bios and change the toggle for Intel Virtualiztion Tech.

My i5 6500 is bad and can't even maintain 4.5ghz, and 4.4ghz causes it to slowly become unstable over weeks with a vcore of 1.395. FML

Yea, for some really bizarre reason (actually I'm fairly certain it's to make sure no one who doesn't know about computer security can run the VM's and put your computer at huge risk) intel VT is ALWAYS disabled by default.

It's a super easy swap though to fix.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS