PC turns off by itself

EJ993

Recently my pc started to turn off by itself. Its usually when I play games, but sometimes it happens when I just browse web. Pc just tuns off immediatelly (no shutting down screen, complete black screen) and then turn on by itself. PC is basically new, all high end parts, definitely no cooling issues. Also Im running windows 10, my hopes are that its just win10 problem. Anyone had any similar issues?

CPU i7 4770k GPU GTX980 MOTHERBOARD Asus Maximus Gene VII RAM Hyperx Savage 2x8gb STORAGE Crucial m550 512gb PSU Corsair AX760 COOLING Corsair H80i GT CASE Corsair 350D OS Windows 10 64bit KEYBOARD Logitech k810 MOUSE Logitech Performance MX

Recently my pc started to turn off by itself. Its usually when I play games, but sometimes it happens when I just browse web. Pc just tuns off immediatelly (no shutting down screen, complete black screen) and then turn on by itself. PC is basically new, all high end parts, definitely no cooling issues. Also Im running windows 10, my hopes are that its just win10 problem. Anyone had any similar issues?

Reinstall any drivers? Check the temps of the CPU and GPU?

Reinstall any drivers? Check the temps of the CPU and GPU?

temps are fine. Max for cpu is 70 degrees, gpu runs at 75max

CPU i7 4770k GPU GTX980 MOTHERBOARD Asus Maximus Gene VII RAM Hyperx Savage 2x8gb STORAGE Crucial m550 512gb PSU Corsair AX760 COOLING Corsair H80i GT CASE Corsair 350D OS Windows 10 64bit KEYBOARD Logitech k810 MOUSE Logitech Performance MX

temps are fine. Max for cpu is 70 degrees, gpu runs at 75max

Do you have these problems since you got your pc? Is it a pre-build or did you build it yourself?

Did you change any settings in the BIOS/UEFI? Is there any overclock applied? If yes, try setting it back to default settings.

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

Do you have these problems since you got your pc? Is it a pre-build or did you build it yourself?

Did you change any settings in the BIOS/UEFI? Is there any overclock applied? If yes, try setting it back to default settings.

No didnt had any of these problems since I builded my pc. There is oc on cpu and gpu since day 1, so I guess if it worked before it should work now.

No didnt had any of these problems since I builded my pc. There is oc on cpu and gpu since day 1, so I guess if it worked before it should work now.

allright. if the problems suddenly started then I would agree with you there.

Did you upgrade to win10 and after that they started?

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

allright. if the problems suddenly started then I would agree with you there.

Did you upgrade to win10 and after that they started?

I think it started to happen after I reinstalled win10, but not too sure :D

how often do the sudden shutdowns usually occur? once every day?

even if you had the overclock from the begining its a good place to start troubleshooting. (meaning, setting everything back to stock). you probably got enough performance still so i would just try it for a while. if it still happens at least you know thats not the cause.

i feel like a complete crash shouldnt be caused by windows but of course it might be.

so a clean re-install might be a good idea

Pc just turns off immediatelly (no shutting down screen, complete black screen) and then turn on by itself.

It looks like psu related problem because of this^^^^

It looks like psu related problem because of this^^^^

yeah, I was thinking about that, but its ax series, so should be extremely reliable.

yeah, I was thinking about that, but its ax series, so should be extremely reliable.

Thats true, but although its high quality it can still fail.

I'd try all software options you have (re-installing windows) and maybe overclock settings.

Then find out if you can force the crash somehow.. cpu and gpu stresstests maybe.

If nothing helps and it still happens irregularly find someone who can borrow you spare hardware so you can isolate the issue that way.

If its a hardware failure you should still have warranty right?

Good luck!

edit: maybe a faulty ram stick... run something like memtest86

Check all of your power supply connectors and the PC power plug. (Maybe loose cable?) Also try a different power supply if you have one.

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit