Super Hub 2 not using my unmanaged switch

GUNNEZZ

We recently got an upgrade on the router/modem to a super hub 2 from the super hub 1 and now the super hub won't send any bandwidth through the port which the switch is plugged into. Any solutions to allow the super hub 2 to send bandwidth to the switch which all of our devices are connected to?

We recently got an upgrade on the router/modem to a super hub 2 from the super hub 1 and now the super hub won't send any bandwidth through the port which the switch is plugged into. Any solutions to allow the super hub 2 to send bandwidth to the switch which all of our devices are connected to?

I just shuddered a little when i saw the word hub. Fortunately its just an unfortunate name for a router! LOL!

So to be clear, you have internet to other devices not on the switch?

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

I just shuddered a little when i saw the word hub. Fortunately its just an unfortunate name for a router! LOL!

So to be clear, you have internet to other devices not on the switch?

Yes

Yes

Awesome. Have you tried rebooting the switch or looking to see if there is connectivity to the switch. Might benefit to know what kind of switch it is as well.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

The switch is the TP Link-SG1008D 8 port unmanaged switch and yes I have

The switch is the TP Link-SG1008D 8 port unmanaged switch and yes I have

Ok moving on then. Have you tried using another port on the new modem?

Also what are you getting on the client side. DHCP errors (169.x.x.x addresses?) or DNS. Check these by doing an "ipconfig /all" on your windows PC having issues. You should be sure your settings are correct on those PCs

If you go into the superhub settings (192.168.0.1) and set it to modem mode (under superhub settings), then connect your switch to the bottom port of the superhub, the superhub should just function as a modem, and route all packets to your switch.

To change it back, the IP of the superhub changes, I think to 192.168.100.1.

HTTP/2 203

If you go into the superhub settings (192.168.0.1) and set it to modem mode (under superhub settings), then connect your switch to the bottom port of the superhub, the superhub should just function as a modem, and route all packets to your switch.

This switch is unmanaged, so unless he uses static IPs or a DHCP/DNS server, wouldnt this not work?

The problem is we use the wifi networks that the super hub provides

The problem is we use the wifi networks that the super hub provides

So you want to use the switch at the same time as the superhub, but the switch isn't working? Try using modem mode to narrow down the issues - if the switch works when the superhub is in modem mode, that suggests that there's something wrong with the superhub (or the switch has some weird configuration that is making it not work), but if it doesn't then either none of the ports are physically working or your switch doesn't work.

HTTP/2 203

So you want to use the switch at the same time as the superhub, but the switch isn't working? Try using modem mode to narrow down the issues - if the switch works when the superhub is in modem mode, that suggests that there's something wrong with the superhub (or the switch has some weird configuration that is making it not work), but if it doesn't then either none of the ports are physically working or your switch doesn't work.

But it's a unmanaged switch so there is no configuration therefore there's no problem with the switch so it's the modem

But it's a unmanaged switch so there is no configuration therefore there's no problem with the switch so it's the modem

Do other devices work when connected directly to the new superhub?

HTTP/2 203

Do other devices work when connected directly to the new superhub?

Yes and the switch works when we have it running through a separate router