Will 450w powersupply be enough for GTX 950 ?

Tadziunia

It's not for me it's for my friend. He has 450w powersupply  simple without any 80+. GTX 950 isn't power hungry gpu i think it would be enough, but what do you guys think ?

950 still needs a 6-pin PCIe connector.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

not a chance

chances are that 450W PSu is a no brand OEM that will burn the PC or blow up

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

A power supply without 80+ is a no no.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

not a chance

A power supply without 80+ is a no no.

while unknown psu's do suck and it's not recommended, it's not a no no and it's not not a chance. That's not a what op is asking.

it will work 101%. 950 uses VERY LITTLE power.

if his friend doesn't care about risking his components with shitty psu it's his choice.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

while unknown psu's do suck and it's not recommended, it's not a no no and it's not not a chance. That's not a what op is asking.

tell that to dead CoolerMaster Elites and Extreme power which are Branded PSU with 80 plus rating in my office

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

tell that to dead CoolerMaster Elites and Extreme power which are Branded PSU with 80 plug rating in my office

it doesn't matter who is dead or alive. IT WILL WORK. until it dies because of other reasons.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

if his friend doesn't care about risking his components with shitty psu it's his choice.

A power supply should never be skimped on, even if it will work it's a hazard for the rest of the components and even a fire hazard!

Pascal laptops guide

it doesn't matter who is dead or alive. IT WILL WORK. until it dies because of other reasons.

oh yea and burn the GPU and house down?

no ty

not a chance

or worse a corsair cx 

or worse a corsair cx 

actually i am using the CX430M on my Q6600 build

as long you have good temps and running less than half the rated wattage

it will be good

A power supply should never be skimped on, even if it will work it's a hazard for the rest of the components and even a fire hazard!

oh yea and burn the GPU and house down?

no ty

not the question

You should say:

THE PSU SUCKS DICKbut it will work

Spoiler

not the question

You should say:

More or less yes.

Pascal laptops guide

Not with such PSU.

I have a quality 450watts PSU and I run a 6600K and a GTX 660 Ti that works fine.

not the question

You should say:

What if the PSU doesn't have a 6-pin power  connector for the 950, what then?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

What if the PSU doesn't have a 6-pin power  connector for the 950, what then?

molex adapter, yes it sucks, yes it's dangerous, yes it will probably die. It will work though.

I ran my 3870 on 400w no name psu with no rating and no 6pin for years and the fan on it died while psu still survived, it ran without a fan for days, it turned off only after like an hour of gaming. It's just random with power supplies.

Spoiler

molex adapter, yes it sucks, yes it's dangerous, yes it will probably die. It will work though.

That's like telling him to shoot himself in the foot...

I ran my 3870 on 400w no name psu with no rating and no 6pin for years and the fan on it died while psu still survived, it ran without a fan for days, it turned off only after like an hour of gaming. It's just random with power supplies.

burning-man-the-ma_2327269k.jpg

so you want his friend house to burn?

who gonna pay for the new house

you?

That's like telling him to shoot himself in the foot...

if he wants to do it why not. Again, the question is if it will be enough to work, it will be enough to work. It's riskier, but at the same time it might work for years.  You just don't know.

Spoiler

if he wants to do it why not. Again, the question is if it will be enough to work, it will be enough to work. It's riskier, but at the same time it might work for years.  You just don't know.

17-163-018-06.JPG

like I said, yes it's dangerous. 

It's still not a "no chance" and not a "nonono"

it will work.

Spoiler

like I said, yes it's dangerous. 

It's still not a "no chance" and not a "nonono"

it will work.

Burn-Baby-Burn-Wallpaper-1300x500.jpg

not nearly as dramatic as in your imagination. many people run shitty psu's in awful conditions for years and forget there is such thing as a good psu, because it just keeps working.

Spoiler

not nearly as dramatic as in your imagination. many people run shitty psu's in awful conditions for years and forget there is such thing as a good psu, because it just keeps working.

5d7c8aae4b1a85017a1bb946b1772b4b28ca42e7

Spoiler