Never realized how powerful the i7 is

ologiic

So I recently got the i7 4770k, got the Asus z87-Pro with it. This thing completely changed my computing experience. Everyone always says "you don't need an i7".  Yeah I probably don't but it is amazing for rendering videos, which is something I do on a daily basis. I went from 1 hour rendering time for a 10 minute video to just under 6 minutes with the i7 4770k. Needless to say it payed for itself just by that. It can handle pretty much anything you throw at it, like earlier I was playing Diablo 3 max settings, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 on max settings, with sony vegas pro 12 open and Cs6 while recording and my cpu usage was less than 30%. If you are interested in seeing it come check out my video that I just mentioned.

Build: 

Case Fractal Define R4

Processor: i7 4770k

Ram: 8Gb Corsair 1333mhz

Graphics: GeForce Gtx 550ti Superclocked 2gb edition

Power Supply: Corsair Hx 650

Well thats what the i7 is used for.

"You dont need an i7" for GAMING.

When editing video's its a must

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

Well thats what the i7 is used for. "You dont need an i7" for GAMING. When editing video's its a must

post-2255-0-75275100-1376922215.png

Well thats what the i7 is used for. "You dont need an i7" for GAMING. When editing video's its a must

essentially, hyperthreading won't come up until new console cycle (I hope) where we might get hyperthreading support in games

Yeah, you have a point there.

I went from 1 hour rendering time for a 10 minute video to just under 6 minutes with the i7 4770k.

Sounds like you had a really old cpu before.

should be in the cpu thread

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Sounds like you had a really old cpu before.

Yeah came from a AMD Athlon II x3 445 lmao

should be in the cpu thread

Sorry about that. I'm fairly new to the forums.

sex is better than an i7

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

sex is better than an i7

Nah the i7 takes anything you can throw at it.

Nah the i7 takes anything you can throw at it.

there you have a point, my ex-gf didn't took everything i threw at her, if you know what i mean, lol

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

there you have a point, my ex-gf didn't took everything i threw at her, if you know what i mean, lol

Haha indeed.

Haha indeed.

good xD

btw, did you made the video becuase it's nice

essentially, hyperthreading won't come up until new console cycle (I hope) where we might get hyperthreading support in games

i think only bf3 benefits from HT

there is a noticeable improvement

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i think only bf3 benefits from HT

there is a noticeable improvement

but that's a company that is partial to PC, most devs are partial to consoles, and they still are

but that's a company that is partial to PC, most devs are partial to consoles, and they still are

yep, BF4 will use hyperthreading too

yep, BF4 will use hyperthreading too

An DX11.1 Amd cards that run on Windows 8 should get a peformance boost.

So the Best setup for Bf4 would be an i7 4770k with an HD 7970 and Windows 8.

RTX2070OC 

A lot of games benefit from hyperthreading, beta games run crappy on HT, that is why a lot of people state that games do not support it, but even bf 3 early version had no benefit, but when the game was done it ran fine, i mean crysis 3 is a game that works good with HT, even crysis 2 can use HT but not to a full extent, more games are should support HT in the future, because even if everyone states how AMD is the way to go for games, intel has more powerful cores, so you can balance that.

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

jaffa owl :blink:

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit