Used Headphones?

ConnorDahne

Hello LTT audio,
I've been looking for another pair of headphones again, and would like your opinion on ebay headphones.
Generally what's your experience with used sets been??
I really love my DT990's, but have recently just been wanting something different.
I was looking at some used Sennheiser's and came accross a pair of hd598's for $70usd..
Seller has positive rating, two thousand sales.. What do you think?

Thank you for any help.

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

Sellers can have great ratings but bad customer support. You've been warned!

Typically used audio gear is A-OK as long as the seller is reputable and the items look like they were kept in good condition. 

I personally only buy new audio gear however, I like the pristine placebo effect lol.

E41Yrsu.jpg

EDIT: Oh and the HD598's are very well regarded headphones, I often use my pair when I get bored of my MSR7 or AKG K7xx's. They also happen to be the most comfortable pair I own.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Those sennies would offer the mids that the 990's lack, that's for sure.

Do you have an idea of the kind of sound signature you're after?

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

If you ask Logan of TekSyndicate fame, going used for otherwise expensive audio equipment is perfectly fine.

I'd assume that as long as they're reported as being in good quality, you can't go wrong buying used.

I have had good experiences and I have had bad experiences. 

But mostly my experience have been good. And keep in mind that even if a seller has great reviews, they might have horrible post-sale support.

So if the headphones are DOA you might be shit out of luck. 

But if the seller is reputable and the product doesn't look damaged in any way, then you should be just fine.

There isn't a lot of things that can fail on a pair of headphones.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Those sennies would offer the mids that the 990's lack, that's for sure.

Do you have an idea of the kind of sound signature you're after?

I actually don't, that's why I'm looking to get another pair or two and from my internet research these will be a good balance for what I already have.

I'm still rather recent into my headphone hobby, only owning one nice pair I don't feel as if I'm ready to commit to high end sets like the hd650's or hifiman he560's I've been looking at just yet.

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated 

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

I have had good experiences and I have had bad experiences. 

But mostly my experience have been good. And keep in mind that even if a seller has great reviews, they might have horrible post-sale support.

So if the headphones are DOA you might be shit out of luck. 

But if the seller is reputable and the product doesn't look damaged in any way, then you should be just fine.

There isn't a lot of things that can fail on a pair of headphones.

There appear to be "light cosmetic scratches"

Which I can handle, and they offer 14 day return. 

I guess I'll give it a shot lol

I actually don't, that's why I'm looking to get another pair or two and from my internet research these will be a good balance for what I already have.

I'm still rather recent into my headphone hobby, only owning one nice pair I don't feel as if I'm ready to commit to high end sets like the hd650's or hifiman he560's I've been looking at just yet.

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated 

Welcome to the audio world :P Hurts the wallet more than Steam sales.

If you really want to get a feel for the various things out there I'm not sure of any audio stores in the Nashville area, but I'm familiar with a vinyl place called Grimeys that's worth checking out if you enjoy vinyl.

I got a big fill of various headphone testing by visiting some audio fests, most notable being Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Wish I knew of a store local to you that would let you go in and try the various cans.

EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Welcome to the audio world :P Hurts the wallet more than Steam sales.

If you really want to get a feel for the various things out there I'm not sure of any audio stores in the Nashville area, but I'm familiar with a vinyl place called Grimeys that's worth checking out if you enjoy vinyl.

I got a big fill of various headphone testing by visiting some audio fests, most notable being Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Wish I knew of a store local to you that would let you go in and try the various cans.

You'd think "Music City" would have more than one or two places that sells music lol

I've heard of Grimey's, but haven't ever been there. I'll definitely have to give it a try.

I believe there's a shop downtown that has some really expensive Grado's and Sen's like the hd 700's, I'm planning on going this weekend.

In all honesty I wasn't planning on making a purchase until I'd done more research, but that seemed to be a good deal.

We'll see if my make an offer comes through lol

-Snippy snippits-

EDIT: Oh and the HD598's are very well regarded headphones, I often use my pair when I get bored of my MSR7 or AKG K7xx's. They also happen to be the most comfortable pair I own.

Glad to hear that about the comfort. my DT990's are the most comfortable headphones I've ever used, although my data my be a little skewed by cheap stuff lol

You'd think "Music City" would have more than one or two places that sells music lol

I've heard of Grimey's, but haven't ever been there. I'll definitely have to give it a try.

I believe there's a shop downtown that has some really expensive Grado's and Sen's like the hd 700's, I'm planning on going this weekend.

In all honesty I wasn't planning on making a purchase until I'd done more research, but that seemed to be a good deal.

We'll see if my make an offer comes through lol

Yea, "music" city, more like a christian conservative city honestly. For $70 the 598 are an excellent set and more than deserving of that price.

Yea, "music" city, more like a christian conservative city honestly. For $70 the 598 are an excellent set and more than deserving of that price.

Tell me about it =/

Good ol' fashion god and hate 'round here.

I bought my dt770 and ad700 from Ebay used. also my ws55 and M50 from Ebay new in box at a great price.

just be very careful and scour all the resources you have at hand about the seller.

I bought all of my speakers and receivers used.

However I don't put those on my face. It's up to you

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ehh, I bought a LCD-X and HD800 used, one from Headfi and one from Amazon. Both cases, the product turned out to be in good condition.

Sample size of 2, allllrite.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?