What are the different between the EVGA cards?

Pooherino ツ

I'm looking through GTX 980 and 980ti from EVGA on newegg right now, and there are so many options, its kinda confusing. What are the different between them?

There's like ACX 2.0, SSC, Classified, Kingpin, FTW, Hydro Copper (i know this one is for water cooling), but just wanna know is there a real difference? especially the kingpin, which is most expensive.

I'm looking through GTX 980 and 980ti from EVGA on newegg right now, and there are so many options, its kinda confusing. What are the different between them?

There's like ACX 2.0, SSC, Classified, Kingpin, FTW, Hydro Copper (i know this one is for water cooling), but just wanna know is there a real difference? especially the kingpin, which is most expensive.

Just get the acx2.0 with ssc. It's good enough.

Classified is basically a better version of it and will require more power.

The kingpin is basically their top of the line card for their list. It requires like 3 8pin cables and you can do a lot of overclocking from the air coolers itself

FTW is basically the same with ssc and acx2.0, to me it's like a cooler boost and it gives a backplate I believe.

Specs: i7-4790k with Thermaltake Water 3.0, EVGA GTX 970, MSI Z97 Gaming 3, Kingston HyperX 2x8 DDR3 1600Mhz, SSD Boot Drive/1TB HD, CM Storm Stryker, EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Peripherals: SS Rival, HyperX Cloud, G710+

Just get the acx2.0 with ssc. It's good enough.

Classified is basically a better version of it and will require more power.

The kingpin is basically their top of the line card for their list. It requires like 3 8pin cables and you can do a lot of overclocking from the air coolers itself

FTW is basically the same with ssc and acx2.0, to me it's like a cooler boost and it gives a backplate I believe.

The Kingpin is the most expensive along with classified.

The kingpin has different ASIC qualities, which could* lead to better overclocks, a 90% ASIC quality kingpin can cost more than a titan x

EDIT: Changed can to could

Specs: i7-4790k with Thermaltake Water 3.0, EVGA GTX 970, MSI Z97 Gaming 3, Kingston HyperX 2x8 DDR3 1600Mhz, SSD Boot Drive/1TB HD, CM Storm Stryker, EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Oooh i get the question now 3: I agree with everything Barnbarn says, but I favor the FTW edition because backplate

Moist

The Kingpin is the most expensive along with classified.

The kingpin has different ASIC qualities, which can lead to better overclocks, a 90% ASIC quality kingpin can cost more than a titan x

Pretty sure jayztwocents did a video about asic quality. Said it didnt even really matter.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Pretty sure jayztwocents did a video about asic quality. Said it didnt even really matter.

Changed it to could lead to better overclocking. I don't recommend getting kingpin though, classified is enough 

Just get the $650 ACX2.0 or ACX card. The SSC and ect are just overclocked. The KingPin is like buying a lotterynticket and knowing you will win. Or get the 4995 version ( These numbers are in the model number ) this one comes with a backplate, overclocked, and uses ACX. However, many have stated the ACX cooling can be quite loud.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Changed it to could lead to better overclocking. I don't recommend getting kingpin though, classified is enough 

whats the different between the classified and the FTW?

whats the different between the classified and the FTW?

Classified is tldr a better version of it and will cost around 80 bucks more