Pre-Listen in VDJ8

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey Guys! So I have encountered a problem! So I was using VDJ 8 and wanted to prelisten a song before loading it onto the deck. The problem was, I couldn't hear it. Then I got to know I have to put my headphones in the back panel and the stereo speakers in the front output port (Source).

Even after doing so, I couldn't hear the song. I just removed my headphones and put the speaker back in the rear port. Then I tried and it gave me a warning to play or not to play in the master

I then allowed it to play and it just plays normally with the song on the deck. How do I prevent this? How do I make it audible only in the headphones? I even selected the Headphones+Speaker from the settings, so that's maybe not an issue.

Do I have to get an external USB Card for the headphones? 

Please help! Thanks! 

Pic:post-29727-0-43120800-1446017589.jpg

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I believe that you have to have 2 audio cards to be able to use the headphone cue function. It was the main reason why I straight out bought a controller to use with Serato instead.

Either that or use mono to cue.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I believe that you have to have 2 audio cards to be able to use the headphone cue function. It was the main reason why I straight out bought a controller to use with Serato instead.

How's Serato? And which controller? 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Head into the options, click Audio and there you can configure headphone output.

It's possible to configure your headphones to mix with the main audio (though not advisable) by changing to mono then using Master on Channel 1 & Headphones on Channel 2 but the more standard method is Master on Channel 1 & 2 and Headphones on Channel 3 & 4.

They fixed that in V8, it's now super easy to use speakers & headphones in the same card.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

How's Serato? And which controller? 

Serato's pretty easy to learn. Shows the bpm and coloured waveforms so it's very easy to mix with. Better than VDJ which I used a lot in the past.

Pioneer DDJ-SX. Saved up a pretty penny for it. Pioneers are expensive pieces of gear. >.<

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Serato's pretty easy to learn. Shows the bpm and coloured waveforms so it's very easy to mix with. Better than VDJ which I used a lot in the past.

Pioneer DDJ-SX. Saved up a pretty penny for it. Pioneers are expensive pieces of gear. >.<

Man. Pioneer was never in my option. How about Hercules? They are good ones? 

COMING SOON

Man. Pioneer was never in my option. How about Hercules? They are good ones? 

Numark was second on my list.

Take a look at the Numark Mixtrack Pro 2. I heard they're a pretty budget controller and durable too.

~~~SnapDragon~~~