Questions and Concerns on a new Build

Hatred

That doesn't say whether it was the rebate price though  :mellow: PCpartpicker lists prices with rebates unless you untick the box.

Total: $64.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-01 12:22 EST-0500

See how it says $64.99 ? The actual price is $84.99 but you get a $20 mail in rebate.

Totally appreciate the input, but it doesn't really matter at this point since you didn't say something before I made my purchase.

Just to clarify, I got the PSU off of new egg, when it was on sale.

edit: I have also come to not trust anyone that is paid to give a review on a product. Yes they can give me some good information that the general public can not, but they also are not necessarily giving you complete and unbiased opinions on day to day use in a long term format.

Totally appreciate the input, but it doesn't really matter at this point since you didn't say something before I made my purchase.

Just to clarify, I got the PSU off of new egg, when it was on sale.

edit: I have also come to not trust anyone that is paid to give a review on a product. Yes they can give me some good information that the general public can not, but they also are not necessarily giving you complete and unbiased opinions on day to day use in a long term format.

This is for you Hatred...

EVGA does not make their PSUs.  Corsair does not make their PSUs.  Most of these big brand PSUs are made by what is called an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).

When shopping for PSUs, you really do want to see proper tech reviews because they will strip down the units and tell you about the internal components as well as how they perform.

Your EVGA unit was made by FSP and uses some lower quality main components.  Opinions are not relevant in a discussion like this as proper tech reviews make them obsolete.

You could have had a Seasonic unit backed by an EVGA, or XFX warranty for the same money. 

I did not say anything because your systems needs so little power that your 650W PSU will barely hit 60% load.  So things like capacitor degradation over time won't matter much... unless you add more "stuff".

This is for you Hatred...

EVGA does not make their PSUs.  Corsair does not make their PSUs.  Most of these big brand PSUs are made by what is called an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).

When shopping for PSUs, you really do want to see proper tech reviews because they will strip down the units and tell you about the internal components as well as how they perform.

Your EVGA unit was made by FSP and uses some lower quality main components.  Opinions are not relevant in a discussion like this as proper tech reviews make them obsolete.

You could have had a Seasonic unit backed by an EVGA, or XFX warranty for the same money. 

I did not say anything because your systems needs so little power that your 650W PSU will barely hit 60% load.  So things like capacitor degradation over time won't matter much... unless you add more "stuff".

I'm not arguing that the hard data doesn't matter. I'm arguing that people's opinions when it comes to reviews matter.

Looking up a tech data sheet, is not a review of the product. People assigning arbitrary numbers to meanings are 100% opinionated and not always unbiased. Judging something on a 10 point scale with your own set criteria is meaningless, beyond the technical specs.

For instance, saying something doesn't have gold leads drops it's rating by 2.5 points. Ok according to whom, and compared to what? That is just a matter of opinion, and people being paid to give an opinion can be persuaded to be unbiased. That is all.

I agree with you, for what I am using my system for I don't really need top end components in my system. I think that reflects in the items I did choose to buy. Thanks for for feedback, I did learn some things I wouldn't have otherwise.

That doesn't say whether it was the rebate price though  :mellow: PCpartpicker lists prices with rebates unless you untick the box.

Total: $64.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-01 12:22 EST-0500

See how it says $64.99 ? The actual price is $84.99 but you get a $20 mail in rebate.

-_- obviously you don't know how pcpp works. When you mark a component as purchased, you are prompted to put the price there. So when it says purchased, it is a user entered price. This generally is what the user paid, as to keep track of what you have spent on your system. Personally I put the total after tax and delivery charges so i have an exact number. =P

-_- obviously you don't know how pcpp works. When you mark a component as purchased, you are prompted to put the price there. So when it says purchased, it is a user entered price. This generally is what the user paid, as to keep track of what you have spent on your system. Personally I put the total after tax and delivery charges so i have an exact number. =P

He did not get that that G1 for $50.  You can make 50 arguments why you think he did... but he did not.  :huh: ;)