Best call forwarding solution for home use?

gilm0re3
Go to solution Solved by RyanMacRocks,

Yes, Google Voice is a pretty good service, especially since it is free.

My parents just moved from Florida up to Minnesota. So, as one might expect, they have a Florida number, and everyone that knows them from Florida knows that Florida number. However, the people in the town that my parents moved to want them to get a local number just so it's easier for them to remember the number I guess (my dad's a pastor, so he gets and makes lots of phone calls to people, so I can see how to these people having a local number might be helpful). Now my parents want to keep their Florida number 1) because so many more people know their FL number, and 2) the plan is to move back to FL in a few years, so it would be nice to be able to not give up the FL number. 

So is call forwarding with something like Google Voice the best solution? Or are there any other services that would work well for call forwarding for home use? Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

(Just an FYI: My parents use Ooma for their landline service if it at all makes a difference for finding the right solution)

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

Sweet deal. I'll try that out then. Thanks!

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post