About Asus DirectCUII heatsink/graphic cooler.

sze_nian

As in topic, I heard that asus card, due to the heaviness of the heatsink, after a long time the heatsink tends to drop down n slowly will be bending the PCB and maybe damaging the PCI-E slot. Does this is a true?

And i would like to know Matrix 7970 having any extra screws at the end of the card to secure the PCB with heatsink and also the support frame strong enough? I Dont want my graphic card bend =( cause Asus card with backplate is god damn sexy xD

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

It only becomes an issue with any of the three slot coolers - I had a Asus Direct CU II Cooled Nvidia GTX 580 (It's a tripple slot card)

And after a year in my system I could see the cooler drooping off the PCB of the car ever so slightly (enough to eye-ball, which is too much in my opinion) it was only the corner that the power connectors go in as that's the part of the card with the least amount of support (The furthest away from the PCI-e 16x slot AND furthest away from the PCI-e bracket on the case) - as soon as I looked any closer to the bracket or PCI-e slot the drooping wasn't there.

But to sum up - I couldn't buy another three slot card (Direct CU II coolers are really good, as long as they're only two slot cards)

I think that most of the Asus Direct CU II cards are two slot cards now though (They may have learned from their mistake with the cooler on the GTX 580)

Thanks, Jon

I have a GTX 570 with the asus Direct CU II cooler.

The card 'droops' a little but it's not really caused me any problems. Asus wouldn't have made that cooler if they knew it would break PCI-E slots. I wouldn't worry too much about it because the cooling performance you get is amazing.

CPU: i5 2500k @4.3GHz  |  Cooler: Corsair H100i | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GPU: Asus DC2 GTX 570 | Mobo: Asus P8P67 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 500r | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Agility 3 | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green| OS: Windows 7/OSX Mavericks (Hackintosh) | Monitor: LG EA63V x2 Soundcard: Fiio E10 | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (browns) | Mouse: Corsair M40

I have ASUS GTX 680 direct CU II top and my card doesn't "droop". The metal plate on the back of the PCB its very beefy on this card.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

ASUS GTX 670 Direct CUII Top here. The card has slight droop, not enough to worry about, not as much as most other cards I see.

Cool, all having no issues. Like it! The price of Asus is always high is due to the quality of the whole card?

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

Cool, all having no issues. Like it! The price of Asus is always high is due to the quality of the whole card?
not really. they overpriced it.

two 6950 DCii cards here. Yeah, slight droop on both cards at the power connectors, but nothing to worry about.

Had a pair of 6950's and i'm now using a 670 top, and they both obeyed the laws of physics... There's always a little droop on heavy cards, but nothing to worry about. If you're really worried, follow @EChondo's advice.