Videography and Post Production

Hey guys,

Just thought I would start a thread for all those who absolutely love filming with whatever video recording device you have and then editing that footage in your favourite video editor. This can also be about how you like filming and what aspect ratio you love to film in, etc.

I, myself, love filming with my Canon Legria (Vixia (US)) G10. After having a SD video camera for the longest time moving up to HD was awesome. The difference between the Sony camera and my now Canon HD camera, in terms of video quality, is fantastic. Filming is really a quite enjoyable experience.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I've only done a few things beyond PC screens, one of which being a commercial for my grandparents business. Although, they just gave me the footage and I had to make it television ready. No Idea what camera was used for that, a good one I'm assuming since I had to scale the video quality back to 1080p so my computer can handle it.

And my favourite video editing is dead. R.I.P Sony Vegas

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I've only done a few things beyond PC screens, one of which being a commercial for my grandparents business. Although, they just gave me the footage and I had to make it television ready. No Idea what camera was used for that, a good one I'm assuming since I had to scale the video quality back to 1080p so my computer can handle it.

And my favourite video editing is dead. R.I.P Sony Vegas

Ah! That sounds rather interesting. Was the video 2K or something. Since you had to scale it back to 1080p I'd say it must've been that kind of quality then. How long ago did you do that?

I really think there must be a fix for you to be able to use Sony Vegas again. What version did you use?

Ah! That sounds rather interesting. Was the video 2K or something. Since you had to scale it back to 1080p I'd say it must've been that kind of quality then. How long ago did you do that?

Probably, all I know is my computer just said "NO!" when I tried working with it, it was only last week..... Which is why I'm already pretty good with premiere. I had a lot of playing around to do. Look out for a hunter valley winery ad coming on TV sometime in the next month or so

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Probably, all I know is my computer just said "NO!" when I tried working with it, it was only last week..... Which is why I'm already pretty good with premiere. I had a lot of playing around to do. Look out for a hunter valley winery ad coming on TV sometime in the next moth or so

Hmm that sucks about Sony Vegas. The thing is though most video editors usually have a standard way of working so I wouldn't imagine Premiere is too hard to figure out.

Will look out for that ad and I'll be able to say "I know who did that".

Hah ! You might wanna fix that "moth". I know you meant month though.

Hazy125 - Just on another note. Would you say that you enjoy filming or not?

Hazy125 - Just on another note. Would you say that you enjoy filming or not?

I'm on my phone, I blame auto correct...

I haven't really done so much on the filming side of things, the few times when I've actually been involved in the filming process were fine I guess, it just goes over my head. Especially with cameras and stuff that are worth more than $10,000...

I am good at computer

Spoiler

I'm on my phone, I blame auto correct...

I haven't really done so much on the filming side of things, the few times when I've actually been involved in the filming process were fine I guess, it just goes over my head. Especially with cameras and stuff that are worth more than $10,000...

Haha what type of phone?

So film-related stuff is just all jibberish to you?

I don't know how I got interested in filming. Just kinda happened one day I suppose.

I don't do VCR stuff myself, but I use DXTory to record gameplay videos and edit it in Sony Vegas Pro 12. I love to do it, I've sometimes realised I only really make the footage to edit it.

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

I just like editing random things from time to time, even though it melts my laptop.

One time I made a compilation video out of around three hours worth of footage, end result was a five minute video with a render time of around an hour.

I just like editing random things from time to time, even though it melts my laptop.

One time I made a compilation video out of around three hours worth of footage, end result was a five minute video with a render time of around an hour.

Wow! A 5 minute video took an hour to render. That's about 10x the length of the compilation. May I ask what the specs of the laptop are?

I don't do VCR stuff myself, but I use DXTory to record gameplay videos and edit it in Sony Vegas Pro 12. I love to do it, I've sometimes realised I only really make the footage to edit it.

Yeah! I sometimes I just film to edit also. I love video editing. It lets you be creative, which I like.

Hmm...just one quick question. How did you get that much in your sig with being a junior member of only 56 posts. Were you a member before LTT changed from vB to IP. board?

Camera of Choice is this Xl-H1 shoots 720p raw HD-V

NR300810157.jpg

Editor of choice is Final cut pro 6

final-cut-pro.jpg

Machine of choice is My trusty G5 quad

76273769_1d132b5483.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Camera of Choice is this Xl-H1 shoots 720p raw HD-V

NR300810157.jpg

Editor of choice is Final cut pro 6

final-cut-pro.jpg

Machine of choice is My trusty G5 quad

76273769_1d132b5483.jpg

Ah! A fellow Mac user aye. I have a 2012 Macbook Air and love it.

Ah! A fellow Mac user aye. I have a 2012 Macbook Air and love it.

yeah, I am pushing for a mac section

I believe in balance in life

#KilledMyWife 

My camera of choice, that I currently use, is this:

canon_legria_hf_g10.jpg

Yeah! I sometimes I just film to edit also. I love video editing. It lets you be creative, which I like.

Hmm...just one quick question. How did you get that much in your sig with being a junior member of only 56 posts. Were you a member before LTT changed from vB to IP. board?

I didn't press Enter/Return at all ha-ha. As long as it's all one big line, you're allowed it.

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

Wow! A 5 minute video took an hour to render. That's about 10x the length of the compilation. May I ask what the specs of the laptop are?

i7 2670QM, GT 525M, 6GB DDR3 1600MHz.

But there was a lot of PiP and stuff.

Hmm..those seem like decent specs. Yeah a lot of anything tends to make Sony Vegas slow or at least slow down your computer.

I know I have a the same processor in one of my laptops, my render time for most longer clips was under half an hour fr even the most graphically intense videos. That laptop had a gtx540m in it. You do enable CUDA acceleration right? It didn't make much difference for me but an hour is a long time to wait

I am good at computer

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

I know I have a the same processor in one of my laptops, my render time for most longer clips was under half an hour fr even the most graphically intense videos. That laptop had a gtx540m in it. You do enable CUDA acceleration right? It didn't make much difference for me but an hour is a long time to wait

CUDA was enabled, but I didn't have a laptop cooler. Turns out on blower style fan isn't enough to the entire system and the whole system throttled, I also had to render the video in two separate pieces because there were too may clips being used.

Now I have completely changed my views on editing

t3i1.jpg

I'll take a t3i anyday with a rode mic and a gitzo tripod

Nexlink%207875_workstation-resized-600.j

Xeon pc for editing with extreme cuda acceleration with a quadro gpu

cc-video-tools-360x250.jpg

premiere pro CC 

#KilledMyWife 

Now I have completely changed my views on editing

t3i1.jpg

I'll take a t3i anyday with a rode mic and a gitzo tripod

Nexlink%207875_workstation-resized-600.j

Xeon pc for editing with extreme cuda acceleration with a quadro gpu

cc-video-tools-360x250.jpg

premiere pro CC 

You've seen the light xD

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I love filming video too, I'm working as stock videographer at http://www.istockphoto.com/video. I'm using canon 60D with Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC HSM and edit with Premiere Pro CC 

the 60d is an excellent camera, love its low light performance

#KilledMyWife