Hi guys. I just started learning about building computers a couple of months ago (mostly from Linus), but I am not very sure about the compatibility of the different components. I was thinking about this build and wonder if they are compatible. If you have any tips about components capability do share them with me too. I'll mostly be using this computer for gaming and entertainment purposes only. I also do a little bit of music making and work. Thank you!

CPU - Intel® Core™ i7-5960X Processor Extreme Edition

Ram - G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 32GB Ram (4X8GB)
Motherboard - Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1
GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti X2
Power Supply - Corsair AX1500i
SSD - Samsung 850 Pro X4 (RAID 10)
Soundcard - ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Cooler - Hydro Series™ H110i GTX 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Case - Corsair Obsidian Series 750D

Would Samsung XP941 512GB M.2 work well in this build?
Is the power supply too overkill? Should I just get the AX1200i?
I'm also not very sure about the case, is there any other case that will be better?
Do share with me if there is any better components choices too!

use pcpartpicker and find out

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

It looks like it should be fine. You can mount that radiator in the front or top.

One concern with the 750D is that you don't get much airflow from the front so I would suggest looking at the Airflow Edition.

Sig under construction.

/\ 

Thats the best to check compatibility and if the PSU is big enough

A 1200w PSU should be fine for this as long as it's good quality. You could run it off of 860 watts but then you would be very close to the max power draw that the PSU can do and you wouldn't have any overclocking headroom. Realistically 1000w should be fine but I would go for 1200w.

Sig under construction.

I think you should go either Z97 with an i7-4790k, Z170 with an i7-6700k, or X99 with a 5820k. The 5960x is really overkill for what you need, and unless you don't mind blowing an extra $500+ on a CPU for slightly better performance in some games, I'd stray away from it.

What monitor will you be using? Two 980ti's with anything less than a 1440p (preferably 144Hz)/4k display is, in my opinion, a bit silly.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

You'd be better of with Samsung SM951 as that replaced the XP941 and is faster, either that or wait for the 950 Pro, although from what I've read it won't be as fast as the 951...

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

I think you should go either Z97 with an i7-4790k, Z170 with an i7-6700k, or X99 with a 5820k. The 5960x is really overkill for what you need, and unless you don't mind blowing an extra $500+ on a CPU for slightly better performance in some games, I'd stray away from it.

What monitor will you be using? Two 980ti's with anything less than a 1440p (preferably 144Hz)/4k display is, in my opinion, a bit silly.

I will be using the Asus PQ321Q Monitor.

A 1200w PSU should be fine for this as long as it's good quality. You could run it off of 860 watts but then you would be very close to the max power draw that the PSU can do and you wouldn't have any overclocking headroom. Realistically 1000w should be fine but I would go for 1200w.

Will there still be enough room if I want to upgrade if I go for 1200w?

It looks like it should be fine. You can mount that radiator in the front or top.

One concern with the 750D is that you don't get much airflow from the front so I would suggest looking at the Airflow Edition.

I'll probably also put in an optical drive - Asus DRW-24B1ST

Do you think that Enthoo Pro or any other case will be a better choice?