750ti vs R9 270

aSpoink

MSI 750ti or Powercolor r9 270 turboduo? Both cards are $120 off of craigslist, which one would be my best option? PC specs in sig. Also, Im pretty sure that the r9 270 is better but wanted to make sure :)

Not sure on how good that specific 270 is, but they are significantly better than 750ti's (FPS performance wise).

RIP in pepperonis m8s

the 270 performs better

the 750ti runs cooler and quieter, and can overclock more

also it uses far less power

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The 270 is better than 750tis and are usually more money so if there the same price the 270 is a better buy, this is in terms of raw performance

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

MSI 750ti or Powercolor r9 270 turboduo? Both cards are $120 off of craigslist, which one would be my best option? PC specs in sig. Also, Im pretty sure that the r9 270 is better but wanted to make sure :)

You can get the 750Ti new for that price on NewEgg, Amazon, or wherever else still has them. Don't buy used at that price. My card in my low-profile mITX 3D-printed case (in sig) is a 750Ti, and it's a beast for being a half-length, half-height card with 2GB VRAM, but if you don't need the squished version go with the 270.

Alright, thanks for the replies, I will most likely be getting the r9 270 :)