Good, cheap DAC

My damn headphones keep falling out of my motherboard (the 1/4 inch to 3.5mm adapter is really heavy.) I want to get a cheap DAC to increase quality and fix this. I don't want to spend very much money. Is this a good one? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2QLPJM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=87C6CYLYO354&coliid=I1WLJFPMM751SZ Thanks - Covert.

If you buy it for me i will tell you if it is good, if it is good you can have it if it is bad i can have it.  ;) Sound like a good idea 

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

That should be a good one

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

That should be a good one

I just wasn't sure because of how cheap it was compared to others (most are like $100).

My damn headphones keep falling out of my motherboard (the 1/4 inch to 3.5mm adapter is really heavy.) I want to get a cheap DAC to increase quality and fix this. I don't want to spend very much money. Is this a good one? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2QLPJM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=87C6CYLYO354&coliid=I1WLJFPMM751SZ Thanks - Covert.

That is a great little DAC/amp. I use one fairly regularly, and I enjoy it quite a bit. It's nice, and inexpensive, and it measures better than the Fiio E10K in just about every way. Only thing you should keep in mind is that it doesn't come with an optical cable, so if you don't have one laying around, you will need to add one on for ~$2. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I just wasn't sure because of how cheap it was compared to others (most are like $100).

I'd say that most models fall in the $300 and up range... :P

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

That is a great little DAC/amp. I use one fairly regularly, and I enjoy it quite a bit. It's nice, and inexpensive, and it measures better than the Fiio E10K in just about every way. Only thing you should keep in mind is that it doesn't come with an optical cable, so if you don't have one laying around, you will need to add one on for ~$2. 

I have an extra one :3

I have an extra one :3

Then you're all set. Honestly, the chances of you actually needing another one after this are very, very slim. I've found it to be very reliable, and it's got more than enough power for just about any headphone you could throw at it, with the only possible exception I can think of being the Hifiman HE-6

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Then you're all set. Honestly, the chances of you actually needing another one after this are very, very slim. I've found it to be very reliable, and it's got more than enough power for just about any headphone you could throw at it, with the only possible exception I can think of being the Hifiman HE-6

Thanks a ton man, just ordered it.

I miss mine :( I had to sell it to a friend since I switched motherboards and no longer have optical out. I have been using the M2 for and amp/dac but I am getting the SA-160 to give more power to my headphones/speakers.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I miss mine :( I had to sell it to a friend since I switched motherboards and no longer have optical out. I have been using the M2 for and amp/dac but I am getting the SA-160 to give more power to my headphones/speakers.

I like having my nice and big volume knob on my receiver. I just wish it was an aluminum knob. And backlight, like the model above my receiver

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Been meaning to ask, but are you able to find out the output impedance of that thing?

Can't seems to find that information anywhere. 

Been meaning to ask, but are you able to find out the output impedance of that thing?

Can't seems to find that information anywhere. 

It's almost certainly 10 ohms.

It's almost certainly 10 ohms.

really? Huh, I never noticed any distortion with my IEMs while using it...

Hey! New SIgnature!