DEAD [US-Newegg] Phanteks Enthoo Pro - $80

SteveGrabowski0

Think this is a better price than waiting for black friday? I'm getting parts on black friday but will it beat this?

$80 for a case that should be like $150.  It is a good deal, heck the $99 regular price is an awesome deal.

In my experience, New Years deals > Black Fridays... but... smart shoppers know deals happen all throughout the year.

I never really liked the Enthoo Pro's design of the ODD drives, like the H440. I'm always in the need of more storage and the 750D can fit more HDDs in the future by adding in a extra ODD cage. Meanwhile your just stuck to the 6 3.5 drive slots on the Enthoo Pro that would block some space for extra long GPUs.
Everybody has different opinions, i just prefer the 750D over the Enthoo Pro.

I don't know, if you have so much data that you're needing more than 6 mechanical drives, it might make sense to build a NAS instead and separate your data from your gaming PC. Especially to add some data protection with say RAID6.

$80 for a case that should be like $150. It is a good deal, heck the $99 regular price is an awesome deal.

In my experience, New Years deals > Black Fridays... but... smart shoppers know deals happen all throughout the year.

I didn't see much last new year's that compared to thanksgiving/black friday/cyber monday. On Thanksgiving newegg had the i5-4690k for $200 or $210, seemed like it was back to $240 on the new year. There were lots of R9 290s for $200-$220 on Thanksgiving, but the price crept back up to $270 or so by December and seemed to stay there,

Think this is a better price than waiting for black friday? I'm getting parts on black friday but will it beat this?

I'd buy it now if you have the money, I'd be surprised to see it go below $80 + free shipping. The free shipping is a big deal, because this case weighs about 30 pounds. But like @stconquest said, this is really more like a $150 case. Phanteks priced this way too low for what you get. I would have still bought it at $150.

I didn't see much last new year's that compared to thanksgiving/black friday/cyber monday. On Thanksgiving newegg had the i5-4690k for $200 or $210, seemed like it was back to $240 on the new year. There were lots of R9 290s for $200-$220 on Thanksgiving, but the price crept back up to $270 or so by December and seemed to stay there,

Like i said, personal experience.  I saved around $300(CDN) 2.5 years ago building my PC on December 30/31.  That is without a GPU in the build.

I'd buy it now if you have the money, I'd be surprised to see it go below $80 + free shipping. The free shipping is a big deal, because this case weighs about 30 pounds. But like @stconquest said, this is really more like a $150 case. Phanteks priced this way too low for what you get. I would have still bought it at $150.

Wouldn't really make that much sense to have a NAS as i would be the only one using it. Combined with my router/internet speed, it would have slower speeds to upload/download data compared to having drives plugged into my PC. I have to upgrade my motherboard/CPU in the future for more performance and for more Sata ports anyway........Intel Z isn't really a option for me.

Wouldn't really make that much sense to have a NAS as i would be the only one using it. Combined with my router/internet speed, it would have slower speeds to upload/download data compared to having drives plugged into my PC. I have to upgrade my motherboard/CPU in the future for more performance and for more Sata ports anyway........Intel Z isn't really a option for me.

I think it would. You'd have data protection, you'd get your drives out of a case heated up by a high TDP CPU and GPU, you could just run a CAT6 cable between the computer and router. Media can be streamed through the PLEX plugin and since you'd be the only user you can just install all the codecs you need on your gaming system to be able to watch your media without the NAS having to transcode it. Hard drives aren't very reliable and a NAS gives you a means for countering that, especially with six or more mechanical drives where you could get lots of data protection via RAID6 without giving up too much of your storage. Instead of searching for that gaming board with more than six SATA ports you can buy a server board to handle that for a NAS and your next gaming board purchase can be strictly about gaming performance. I guess it's somewhat expensive, but how much is your data worth?

I think it would. You'd have data protection, you'd get your drives out of a case heated up by a high TDP CPU and GPU, you could just run a CAT6 cable between the computer and router. Media can be streamed through the PLEX plugin and since you'd be the only user you can just install all the codecs you need on your gaming system to be able to watch your media without the NAS having to transcode it. Hard drives aren't very reliable and a NAS gives you a means for countering that, especially with six or more mechanical drives where you could get lots of data protection via RAID6 without giving up too much of your storage. Instead of searching for that gaming board with more than six SATA ports you can buy a server board to handle that for a NAS and your next gaming board purchase can be strictly about gaming performance. I guess it's somewhat expensive, but how much is your data worth?

Well I guess it would help but there's other factors such as my router which is in another room but I wouldn't have to deal with 3.5 then.

ordered Monday night got it 2 pm today   gotta say this thing is nice. now I gotta get a lot of parts to fill it :)

My first thought was how much bigger it looked in person than in the reviews. I love the fan mounting on the hard drive cages, it really cools the hell out of the GPU. The Enthoo Pro is one of the best designed cases I have ever seen.

Kick'n myself for not getting this!!! Hopefully it will go back on sale for the holidays.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Kick'n myself for not getting this!!! Hopefully it will go back on sale for the holidays.

There's always this option:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854019&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

All that is missing is the Fan Hub Controller... and it is a mid tower.

pro_083115.png

The Enthoo Pro M doesn't come with a front intake fan either, though the magnetic top dust filter is much better than the one in the Enthoo Pro that can only be accessed by removing the front and then the top. Plus you're paying $10 shipping on it.

The Enthoo Pro M doesn't come with a front intake fan either, though the magnetic top dust filter is much better than the one in the Enthoo Pro that can only be accessed by removing the front and then the top. Plus you're paying $10 shipping on it.

Yeah, you would need two 140mm to start (front intakes).  I think I like the "curb appeal" a little more than the Enthoo Pro though.... it's sleeker.

I'm probably paying $20 shipping for the Pro M soon.

Already have 3x NF-A14's so less fans is good, invest that money elsewhere in the case.

My first thought was how much bigger it looked in person than in the reviews. I love the fan mounting on the hard drive cages, it really cools the hell out of the GPU. The Enthoo Pro is one of the best designed cases I have ever seen.

Yea same. It just seems a little wide, but not so ungodly wide as the Enthoo Luxe. Going to need to get some case leds though!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I would have jumped on this, if newegg didn't restock the evolv atx.