24" or 27" monitor? (Explanation inside)

greaseddog

So currently i have one 24-inch monitor. Now i want to get a secondary display. Should i then get a new 24-inch monitor, and run two 24-inch monitors side by side, or should i get a 27-inch monitor, and then use my old 24-inch monitor as my secondary monitor?

- So basically:

24" & 24" or

24" & 27"

The natural thing to do, would be to get the 27-inch monitor, so that i get a bigger monitor, but i like when things are symmetrical :) What do you think?

I currently use a 23inch with a 22 inch secondary. I prefer it like this. If and when I get a 3rd monitor, it will be a 22 inch as well. It just feels more natural to me to have the "bigger" middle monitor. Yes, its a different size and that makes surround gaming not as cool, but for working, it does the job just fine.

Depends, will the 24" and the 27" be the same resolution? If so you might as well just get a 24" that is the same resolution as your first 24" so you can do surround gaming if you get a third monitor(if you are gaming).

As someone who had a 30" IPS 2560x1600 and a 28" 1920x1200 monitor, I recently went to 3 identical 24" 1920x1080 monitors and I have to say, the difference is amazing. I miss the IPS display, but it's so much less annoying to have stuff not go all over the place when going from one monitor to the other.

I would get a second identical display or otherwise sell your existing and get two identical monitors. The reason why I say this is because there will always be slight colour and brightness differences along with other things that'll become noticeable and annoying.