Pokemon Red and Green are getting an animated series! :D Dreams are Real!

Vitalius
Go to solution Solved by Volbet,

So this will actualy follow the narrative from Pokemon Adventures insted of just claiming to follow it. I probably have to get into anime again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m_985-nr78

If you are thinking "why this section of the forum?", because it is directly related to mobile gaming. Specifically Pokemon Red/Green on Gameboy color. 

So excited! :D Maybe now we can have a real protagonist who actually knows how to battle! Unlike Ash. :| Who sucks. In every way imaginable. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

it's RED!!!!!!!! i want to see him kick butt unlike ash. i hate people who mistake ash from red.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

So this will actualy follow the narrative from Pokemon Adventures insted of just claiming to follow it. I probably have to get into anime again.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Yep. Basically this. :)

I hope it focuses on Red being the silent loner that he is and always was in the Manga. That would be great. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hope they make an english version.

why?

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

it's RED!!!!!!!! i want to see him kick butt unlike ash. i hate people who mistake ash from red.

I thought that they were the same character, but I never really watched the TV show that much, I was only really a fan of the games. Still, I'll check this out hoping that it will be better than the original.

So this will actually follow the manga?

Instant watch for me!

I thought that they were the same character, but I never really watched the TV show that much, I was only really a fan of the games. Still, I'll check this out hoping that it will be better than the original.

Ash, unlike Red, is a moron and a loser. Gray is by far the best character in the anime, and even he is fail compared to Green.

If they make Red like Red in the Pokémon Special manga, then he is badass compared to little weak and pathetic Ash. For example:

• Red doesn't have to rely on "friends" for his adventures
  • He takes down the whole Team Rocket organization
  • Red beats the Elite 4 and actually becomes a Pokémon Master
  • Red evolves his Pokémon so he got a Blastoise, Venusaur (borrowed from Green), Charizard (borrowed from Blue), Gyarados and so on.
  • He uses legendary Pokémon such as Mewtwo and Articuno (borrowed from Green).
  • Even his rivals, Green and Blue, are more badass than Gary. Green for example, owns Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres

Can't wait for it to air. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

You wash your mouth out. D-:< Ash =/= Red. The characters from Pokemon Red, Green, and Blue are what this anime is about. Yellow is basically Ash's version of the story. 

Read LAwLz's posts about the differences:

Ash, unlike Red, is a moron and a loser. Gray is by far the best character in the anime, and even he is fail compared to Green.

If they make Red like Red in the Pokémon Special manga, then he is badass compared to little weak and pathetic Ash. For example:

• Red doesn't have to rely on "friends" for his adventures
  • He takes down the whole Team Rocket organization
  • Red beats the Elite 4 and actually becomes a Pokémon Master
  • Red evolves his Pokémon so he got a Blastoise, Venusaur (borrowed from Green), Charizard (borrowed from Blue), Gyarados and so on.
  • He uses legendary Pokémon such as Mewtwo and Articuno (borrowed from Green).
  • Even his rivals, Green and Blue, are more badass than Gary. Green for example, owns Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres
Can't wait for it to air. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Exactly. I cannot wait to watch it.

So this will actually follow the manga?

Instant watch for me!

This.

Fun fact: In the Pokemon Adventures manga, a Kadabra is killed by Red's Arbok when he gets to the first cave beside the Power Plant (where Zapdos is), based on the game's layout. Not sure how it orients according to the manga. 

I am not sure if the anime will be just as dark or grim as that (that Kadabra is like the only pokemon "killed", I think), but it would be cool. Fainting no longer exists, it is a literal cockfighting type thing where it is to the death. 

Still, that probably will not translate into the anime because it did not last in the manga very long. Even if it was realistic.

† Christian Member †

This.

Fun fact: In the Pokemon Adventures manga, a Kadabra is killed by Red's Arbok when he gets to the first cave beside the Power Plant (where Zapdos is), based on the game's layout. Not sure how it orients according to the manga. 

I am not sure if the anime will be just as dark or grim as that (that Kadabra is like the only pokemon "killed", I think), but it would be cool. Fainting no longer exists, it is a literal cockfighting type thing where it is to the death. 

Still, that probably will not translate into the anime because it did not last in the manga very long. Even if it was realistic.

Yeah, not sure how they're going to show those in the anime, i remember when Red(Or was it Gold?) went through the Lavender Pokemon Tower & his Chameleon cut one of Team Rocket's Arbok in half. No more kiddy anime maybe? :P

Yeah, not sure how they're going to show those in the anime, i remember when Red(Or was it Gold?) went through the Lavender Pokemon Tower & his Chameleon cut one of Team Rocket's Arbok in half. No more kiddy anime maybe? :P

This.

That is what I meant IIRC. All I remember for sure is an Arbok died. Though I could have sworn something similar happened just before the first cave where you need Flash.

† Christian Member †

This.

That is what I meant IIRC. All I remember for sure is an Arbok died. Though I could have sworn something similar happened just before the first cave where you need Flash.

pokemon-adventures-2153837.jpg

pokemon-adventures-2153853.jpg

Oops, looks like Arbok ain't the only dead pokemon XD

Oops, looks like Arbok ain't the only dead pokemon XD

It's rated PG so I highly doubt that they will show it. Also, the manga is based on the games, and this anime will be based on the games as well (not on the manga), so it might be very different.

It's rated PG so I highly doubt that they will show it. Also, the manga is based on the games, and this anime will be based on the games as well (not on the manga), so it might be very different.

That does not make any sense at all. If it is based on the games and not the manga, then why be so much like the manga and not the games? :| Just... kinda confusing tbh. 

The normal show (the long one with Ash) is based on the Yellow game obviously, but still...

† Christian Member †

It must have been over 10 years since I last watched pokemon. I would probably die before I could finish watching every episode there is.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

The normal show (the long one with Ash) is based on the Yellow game obviously, but still...

Actually, the yellow game is based on the anime.

Here is how it is:

Pokemon Red and Blue - The originals. These were the first Pokemon things to be released (I am ignoring Pokemon Green to make it more simple).

Pokemon manga (Pokemon specials aka Pokemon adventures) - Based on the Red/Blue games. You are the same character as in the game and the same events happens (kind of).

Pokemon anime - Very, very, VERY loosely based on the Red and Blue games. They don't feature the same characters and as you might have noticed, Ash doesn't even fight in the Elite Four, he fights in the Pokémon League (two different competitions). The only similarity is that both the anime and the games takes place in the same universe, they follow two different people though.

Pokemon Yellow - Kind of loosely based on the story in the anime.

So Pokémon Yellow is a game loosely based on an anime, that's very loosely based on a game.

This new anime will be about the characters and the story in the Pokemon Red/Blue games, like the manga. However, just because they are based on the same game does not mean they will tell the exact same story, especially since it's an RPG. With a bit of luck it will be like the manga, but it might be very different as well.

Actually, the yellow game is based on the anime.

Here is how it is:

Pokemon Red and Blue - The originals. These were the first Pokemon things to be released (I am ignoring Pokemon Green to make it more simple).

Pokemon manga (Pokemon specials aka Pokemon adventures) - Based on the Red/Blue games. You are the same character as in the game and the same events happens (kind of).

Pokemon anime - Very, very, VERY loosely based on the Red and Blue games. They don't feature the same characters and as you might have noticed, Ash doesn't even fight in the Elite Four, he fights in the Pokémon League (two different competitions). The only similarity is that both the anime and the games takes place in the same universe, they follow two different people though.

Pokemon Yellow - Kind of loosely based on the story in the anime.

So Pokémon Yellow is a game loosely based on an anime, that's very loosely based on a game.

This new anime will be about the characters and the story in the Pokemon Red/Blue games, like the manga. However, just because they are based on the same game does not mean they will tell the exact same story, especially since it's an RPG. With a bit of luck it will be like the manga, but it might be very different as well.

Realllly hope it is based on the manga. 

† Christian Member †

It's never been called a series, it's more of a special episode to commemorate the release of pokemon X and Y, based on the original games. the manga is just an alternate adaptation. Not sure why people seem to think it will be based on pokemon special and why that post was marked as the best answer.  :unsure:

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

It's never been called a series, it's more of a special episode to commemorate the release of pokemon X and Y, based on the original games. the manga is just an alternate adaptation. Not sure why people seem to think it will be based on pokemon special and why that post was marked as the best answer.  :unsure:

Because it will be a series.

The separate Pocket Monsters XY television anime series will premiere in Japan on October 17 as a tie-in with the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games.

It would make no sense for it to be commemorative of Pokemon XY when those games are already getting their own series to coincide with the games. 

And the reason I chose that as "Best Answer" is because it summarizes the response to this bit of news, in a sense and imo.

† Christian Member †

Because it will be a series.

It would make no sense for it to be commemorative of Pokemon XY when those games are already getting their own series to coincide with the games. 

And the reason I chose that as "Best Answer" is because it summarizes the response to this bit of news, in a sense and imo.

Nowhere there does it say that it will be a series. it mentions the seperate X and Y series of the main pokemon anime. Bulbapedia, serebii and other sources do not mention a series and actually refer to it as a special. 

I never said it wasn't a series, and it COULD be a series, but it has yet to be announced as such. The term anime may imply it, but there are plenty of single episode specials about. 

It is there to commemorate the new games. with the release of gen 6 they are looking back at the start of the franchise. I dont know the exact reason, but it's part of the marketing and hype around the advancement of the franchise.

also i dont see how the post summarises it. It wasnt an answer, it has incorrect information and it's someone's opinion on the content of the thread.

edit

with a quick google search it seems nobody has a definite idea on what it is. all that has been shown is a teaser.

this says one off special 

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/pokemon_the_origin_anime_announced_mystery_clip_also_sparks_wii_u_game_rumours

this says series

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2013/08/pokemon-the-origin-for-all-your-ashless-pokemon-cartoon-needs/

and a final edit:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2013/08/130817_g01.html?i001=news

The official japanese pokemon website says it is a one off special

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Nowhere there does it say that it will be a series. it mentions the seperate X and Y series of the main pokemon anime. Bulbapedia, serebii and other sources do not mention a series and actually refer to it as a special. 

I never said it wasn't a series, and it COULD be a series, but it has yet to be announced as such. The term anime may imply it, but there are plenty of single episode specials about. 

It is there to commemorate the new games. with the release of gen 6 they are looking back at the start of the franchise. I dont know the exact reason, but it's part of the marketing and hype around the advancement of the franchise.

also i dont see how the post summarises it. It wasnt an answer, it has incorrect information and it's someone's opinion on the content of the thread.

edit

with a quick google search it seems nobody has a definite idea on what it is. all that has been shown is a teaser.

this says one off special 

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/pokemon_the_origin_anime_announced_mystery_clip_also_sparks_wii_u_game_rumours

this says series

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2013/08/pokemon-the-origin-for-all-your-ashless-pokemon-cartoon-needs/

and a final edit:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2013/08/130817_g01.html?i001=news

The official japanese pokemon website says it is a one off special

Well, I am on Otaku, and usually anime that are one off specials are referred to as "OVAs" which does not exactly mean "one off special" but implies it, usually (there are rare exceptions).

And I find that silly when the anime for those games is already coming out soon and disbelieved that accordingly.

Of course it is not an answer. A question was never asked. I was simply utilizing a feature in the forums that likely should not be there (as this was not a question related thread) to what I believed to be the thread's benefit. "Someone's opinion on the thread" is exactly what I want to put there and did so for the mentioned reason.

Unless you know Japanese enough to understand what the website says without Google Translate, I cannot verify what you say to be true (as I cannot read Japanese) and I cannot trust Google Translate because of how butchered the translation is when it is used. 

So I will wait and see. And if it is a one off special, I am willing to hope that the demand for something like this would be great enough that they would actually make it into a series. But I am always the optimist for these kinds of things. 

† Christian Member †

Well, I am on Otaku, and usually anime that are one off specials are referred to as "OVAs" which does not exactly mean "one off special" but implies it, usually (there are rare exceptions).

And I find that silly when the anime for those games is already coming out soon and disbelieved that accordingly.

Of course it is not an answer. A question was never asked. I was simply utilizing a feature in the forums that likely should not be there (as this was not a question related thread) to what I believed to be the thread's benefit. "Someone's opinion on the thread" is exactly what I want to put there and did so for the mentioned reason.

Unless you know Japanese enough to understand what the website says without Google Translate, I cannot verify what you say to be true (as I cannot read Japanese) and I cannot trust Google Translate because of how butchered the translation is when it is used. 

So I will wait and see. And if it is a one off special, I am willing to hope that the demand for something like this would be great enough that they would actually make it into a series. But I am always the optimist for these kinds of things. 

Well, the black and white 2 animation that was released can be counted as an anime (myanimelist refers to it as an original net anime.) The other 4 OVA's I've seen have been short series'.

The website says 特別番組 (tokubetsu bangumi) which means "special program".