Toshiba X300 hard drives.

Nasty Pirate
Go to solution Solved by AresKrieger,

I'm interested in getting the 6TB edition and as far as amazon reviews state it's quite the decent drive, not slow, and large capacity. Also the bad reviews have decent responses from Toshiba representatives. My other option is WD 6TB Green but that slow speed really puts me off...

Yeah green drives suck, this one seems fine that's about all I can say about it as it isn't slow but is still a HDD, and hasn't done anything problematic, runs quietly too, hopefully it is good quality (knock on wood) but I haven't heard anything really bad about toshiba drives so I think it was a good choice for mass storage.

Hi!

Anyone has any experience with the X300 series of Toshiba hard drives? They appear to be up to 6TB capacity with 7200 rpm and 128MB cache. Are they any good? I'm looking to replace my dead Seagate Archive drive.

Thanks

CPU: Intel i7 12700KF; M/B: Asus ROG STRIX Z690-A D4; RAM: DDR4 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz/C16; GPU: Gigabyte RTX4090 Gaming OC 24GB; Monitor: Asus PG348Q 34" ultrawide 1440p; Storage: 1x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB, 1x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, 1x Samsung 870 EVO 500GB, 1x WD Green 6TB; Optical: Asus Blu-Ray recorder; PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1200W; Case: BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900; Sound: Sound Blaster Z; Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumKeyboard: Corsair K95 RGB; Internet: FTTH 100Mbps; OS: Windows 11 Pro.

Hi!

Anyone has any experience with the X300 series of Toshiba hard drives? They appear to be up to 6TB capacity with 7200 rpm and 128MB cache. Are they any good? I'm looking to replace my dead Seagate Archive drive.

Thanks

That's why you don't buy SEASHIT!

Is seagate a bad company? I don't know that much about storage companies do in just wondering

Is seagate a bad company? I don't know that much about storage companies do in just wondering

They have a higher failure rate than other companies' products 

Hi!

Thanks

My 3TB hard drive is fine that I got with them (knock on wood) but I'm not sure of how good they on average, and the reason I got mine was a combination of avoiding seagate and still trying to get one for cheap

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

hahahah I am now sure of it! I had a hunch it would turn out bad and it did! Imagine that! 800.000 hours MTBF! Died in less than 2 :P

CPU: Intel i7 12700KF; M/B: Asus ROG STRIX Z690-A D4; RAM: DDR4 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz/C16; GPU: Gigabyte RTX4090 Gaming OC 24GB; Monitor: Asus PG348Q 34" ultrawide 1440p; Storage: 1x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB, 1x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, 1x Samsung 870 EVO 500GB, 1x WD Green 6TB; Optical: Asus Blu-Ray recorder; PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1200W; Case: BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900; Sound: Sound Blaster Z; Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumKeyboard: Corsair K95 RGB; Internet: FTTH 100Mbps; OS: Windows 11 Pro.

My 3TB hard drive is fine that I got with them (knock on wood) but I'm not sure of how good they on average, and the reason I got mine was a combination of avoiding seagate and still trying to get one for cheap

I'm interested in getting the 6TB edition and as far as amazon reviews state it's quite the decent drive, not slow, and large capacity. Also the bad reviews have decent responses from Toshiba representatives. My other option is WD 6TB Green but that slow speed really puts me off...

Yeah green drives suck, this one seems fine that's about all I can say about it as it isn't slow but is still a HDD, and hasn't done anything problematic, runs quietly too, hopefully it is good quality (knock on wood) but I haven't heard anything really bad about toshiba drives so I think it was a good choice for mass storage.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

And that's the usage I intend to follow. No OS, no games, just storage. Thanks for the heads up :)