Getting Kicked off School Wifi

JoshK

My school has a private network and a public network which doesn't work. The private networks passwords has made its rounds around the school and they have started kicking people off the network and you can't get back on, it just says incorrect password. I know they didn't change the password because some people's phones are on it but some peoples phones aren't. Is there anyway to combat this?

Follow your school rules and dont be a dick.

When in doubt, re-format.

My school has a private network and a public network which doesn't work. The private networks passwords has made its rounds around the school and they have started kicking people off the network and you can't get back on, it just says incorrect password. I know they didn't change the password because some people's phones are on it but some peoples phones aren't. Is there anyway to combat this?

Probably not legally.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Follow your school rules and dont be a dick.

I'm a rebel and like to save as much of the 2 gbs of mobile data I get a month

no, do your homework

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Does everyone have the same password?

Get a different phone/device?

Looks like they are blocking devices by Mac Address or IP address or maybe even device name. 

I doubt its IP though, unless they have that many open IPs on their network. 

I'm a rebel and like to save as much of the 2 gbs of mobile data I get a month

And I work tech support at a uni and hate little shits that do this stuff.

Chances are that they blocked your computer outright, as this is quite simple to do.

When in doubt, re-format.

And I work tech support at a uni and hate little shits that do this stuff.

Chances are that they blocked your computer outright, as this is quite simple to do.

Which Uni? I'm at uni in Toronto now....

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Does everyone have the same password?

Get a different phone/device?

Looks like they are blocking devices by Mac Address or IP address or maybe even device name.

I doubt its IP though, unless they have that many open IPs on their network.

Yes everyone has the same password. I believe it's the device name although I could be wrong. I change my phones name and resetted network settings, that didn't work and I didn't really expect it to. We all have school issued iPads and those aren't getting kicked off

Just deal with it while at school. Sometimes you just have to deal without having the internet.

Similar happens at my school. Some people can connect, but some just time out connecting. On my older phone it worked at first and then it didn't, but when I got my LG it started working fine again. Doesn't work for my friend tho.

I guess you could hack in to the network and do something there, but it's pointless, really.

I guess you could hack in to the network and do something there, but it's pointless, really.

Gr8 idea m8. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I interned with my school's IT department. I can tell you from experience that they can see the name of every device on their network and easily kick people off. 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Most likely a MAC filter. Anyways. I wouldn't want to mess with it. They Probably did this for security. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.