plz help in choosing cable...

Mahbub

so i have a vga cable.. and i want to change cable ,,, i am a complete noob at this,, this is the pic of my gpu.. its r8 380 sapphire,, so i wanna ask there are three different slots other than vga one which cable should i choose.. should i stick to vga or get some other cable?? what is its name i heard some dvi or dvid etc.. plz help which to choose? and if i change from vga to other cable ,, will i have to clean install drivers??

post-217764-0-10685300-1444993158.jpg

It would depend on what inputs your monitor has but in general DVI or HDMI are what is mostly used, if your running high refresh rates or resolution you would need to make sure the cable is the proper version or kind capable of that or stepping up to display port.

@Mahbub

There is no VGA in that pic, that's 2 DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

whats the inputs on your monitor?

and you dont need to do anything else but swap out the cable to change cables. sometimes you can have oddities in multi-monitor setups when switching cables, but its just a matter of setting things back as they are.

It would depend on what inputs your monitor has but in general DVI or HDMI are what is mostly used, if your running high refresh rates or resolution you would need to make sure the cable is the proper version or kind capable of that or stepping up to display port.

This^

Tell us your monitor model or give us a photo of its inputs.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

https://imageshack.com/i/p570yn1Yj my monitor has this connection only plz see and suggest me a cable

Looks like you are stuck with VGA untill you get new monitor.

EDIT: I thought you already had an adapter for VGA, and just trying to get rid of this outdated cable. Just get VGA to DVI adapter as others said.

Wasn't it included in the GPU box?  looks like this.31bHvdI5ILL.jpg

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

so i have a vga cable.. and i want to change cable ,,, i am a complete noob at this,, this is the pic of my gpu.. its r8 380 sapphire,, so i wanna ask there are three different slots other than vga one which cable should i choose.. should i stick to vga or get some other cable?? what is its name i heard some dvi or dvid etc.. plz help which to choose? and if i change from vga to other cable ,, will i have to clean install drivers??

In that picture, the port on the left is DisplayPort, the port in the middle is HDMI, then the top right port is DVI-D, and the bottom right is DVI-I.

You can get an adapter for DVI-I so you will be able to plug your VGA cable into it.

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-DVI-DVI-I-male-Cable/dp/B002IWP87S (DVI-I M to 15-Pin VGA F)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Looks like you are stuck with VGA untill you get new monitor.

EDIT: I thought you already had an adapter for VGA, and just trying to get rid of this outdated cable. Just get VGA to DVI adapter as others said.

Wasn't it included in the GPU box?  looks like this.31bHvdI5ILL.jpg

OP you need this,had the same problem with my 970