PC Won't Turn On

MTROB

I just went to turn on my PC, and it would not start, from both the case buttons and the built in motherboard ones. The PSU (I am assuming, sounds like it comes from it) makes a clicking noise, exactly like a large relay would make, and does not turn on. The fans don't spin at all. The motherboard LEDs are on, and from what I have been reading this means nothing, as they are on another circuit. Nothing has been changed since last year, same hardware, same wall socket, and power cord. Although two days ago the computer was moved for a hour or two, then put back in the same place (Was not dropped or treated roughly). However it was working great last night after the move and I played some CS, and did some video editing.

What I have tried so far:

PSU paper clip test - Fan on PSU was spinning

Unplugging and re-plugging CPU connector and 24pin ATX - Still does not work

Different Socket - Does not work

Because it was working last night I have no idea what is wrong. It shutdown fine, and was not slow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. *Edit: Just remembered, the last computer this PSU was used in had troubles shutting down. It was solved by jumping the RTC (I believe). 

Specs:

Asus X99-A

i7 5820K (No oc)

GTX 670

Corsair HX1000 (Overkill I know)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

So you solved it before anyone helped you. Be sure to thank yourself :D

How? It worked last night, and now does not.

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

I just went to turn on my PC, and it would not start, from both the case buttons and the built in motherboard ones. The PSU (I am assuming, sounds like it comes from it) makes a clicking noise, exactly like a large relay would make, and does not turn on. The fans don't spin at all. The motherboard LEDs are on, and from what I have been reading this means nothing, as they are on another circuit. Nothing has been changed since last year, same hardware, same wall socket, and power cord. Although two days ago the computer was moved for a hour or two, then put back in the same place (Was not dropped or treated roughly). However it was working great last night after the move and I played some CS, and did some video editing.

What I have tried so far:

PSU paper clip test - Fan on PSU was spinning

Unplugging and re-plugging CPU connector and 24pin ATX - Still does not work

Different Socket - Does not work

Because it was working last night I have no idea what is wrong. It shutdown fine, and was not slow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. *Edit: Just remembered, the last computer this PSU was used in had troubles shutting down. It was solved by jumping the RTC (I believe). 

Specs:

Asus X99-A

i7 5820K (No oc)

GTX 670

Corsair HX1000 (Overkill I know)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

new psu is the first thing to try

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

It will take me a while to get one... Is there anything I can try in the meantime?

agreed with techguru, last psu i has go out displayed the exact same symptoms, including the fan spinning up when jumping the green/black wire. if you hvae another laying around, size doesn't really matter, just enough to power up the cpu mobo and ram, nothign else, and see if will atleast post.

It will take me a while to get one... Is there anything I can try in the meantime?

if you have a psu tester..it would probably help

you can get a decent one for like 20-30$

id bet like 5$ tho that its the psu

Just tried a Seasonic 550w PSU that I pulled from my NAS. I hooked up the ATX and CPU cables, as well as a molex for my CPU fan. No relay sound, but it still will not boot. LED on motherboard did come on.

Edit: Is it possible to use a multimeter to test the PSU?

Just tried a Seasonic 550w PSU that I pulled from my NAS. I hooked up the ATX and CPU cables, as well as a molex for my CPU fan. No relay sound, but it still will not boot. LED on motherboard did come on.

pull everything outta the case and do an external build with just the bare min for hardware..and reset the bios as well

After unplugging everything, but leaving the core components in the case, it booted. However, the only way to boot it was to keep the CPU 8pin unplugged, and with the SeaSonic PSU. The Corsair PSU would not boot, even with the 8pin unplugged. Keep in mind it booted (Fans spun until I shut off), but did not POST as the 8pin was not plugged in. After reading about this online, it sounds like this means the motherboard is dead, or the CPU. Is there any definitive way to test this, and figure out what it is? I am open to taking it into a shop, if there is no possible way for me to find out.

Just as an update, and to help people who may have the same issue. The CPU and Motherboard both died. The cause is still unknown. I suspect the PSU, however the computer was unplugged without flipping the switch on the PSU, and died later the same night.

Just as an update, and to help people who may have the same issue. The CPU and Motherboard both died. The cause is still unknown. I suspect the PSU, however the computer was unplugged without flipping the switch on the PSU, and died later the same night.

That really sucks. I had an EVGA psu die on me when I first finished my 5820k build and I was scared that it took both my cpu and mobo. I think any half decent psu with protect the cpu and mobo so that is unlikely. Anyways, good luck!

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe