Scaling models for 3D print

McCloud

So I need to print out this model, however with default sizes, one of the pieces is too large for my printer (M3D). I will need to scale it down.. the question is, do I need to scale the rest of the individual objects (pieces) in the same proportions, so I will be able to assemble all the parts afterwards ? This might be a bit of a stupid question, but I don't have any experience with 3D printing yet.. thank you.

Yes

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

Not unless the design you're making is extremely flexible in the way that it will work when some of its components are massively different in size...

Sig under construction.

Not unless the design you're making is extremely flexible in the way that it will work when some of its components are massively different in size...

not that kind of design from the link.

ok, thanks. One more question.. is it a good idea to print without support material?

ok, thanks. One more question.. is it a good idea to print without support material?

It depends on how you're printing it but I would try to print with the least needed, then I would probably use it if I felt that it would be extra fragile.

Sig under construction.

Just un update on an unsuccessful print.. after around 1-2 hours, the base of the model (the largest part of this) got a bit twisted / bended and started unsticking from the printer base. I haven't seen this personally, but my colleague said he had to stop it. Is there any reason for this ? Maybe a wrong filament ? It's a 1,75mm PLA and came default with the printer.