PC to Analog Mixer with a XLR Microphone with headphones or speakers: How to make it all work?

Hey all,

I've purchased a few components to enhance the audio experience of my PC for 

either recording or streaming and I'm having difficulty making things work.

Here's what I have:

My PC

Mackie 402VLZ4 Analog Mixer

2x Stereo RCA to 3.5mm cables for in/out jacks on the back of the motherboard 

1/4'' jack to RCA converters

GLS ES-58-S XLR Mic

XLR Cable

Either Sennheiser HD 280 Pro (64 Ohms impedence) or Cyber Acoustics 2.1 speakers

I did a bit of googling and tried a few things, but for the life of me, I 

can't get the microphone to work nor the headphones to correctly function 

while connected to the mixer. I feel it's better to consult various forums for the answers I'm looking for.

Can anyone assist? Also: Do I need another audio interface or will the mixer do just fine?

The main things I'd like to do:

Use the mixer as an interface for PC audio and mic audio

Control volume of the XLR mic separately

Control volume of the headphones or speakers separately

Enhance the audio of a single PC streaming setup 

Any helpful direction would be very much appreciated!

Thank you for reading.

Thanks for making my eyes burn

I changed it from lime green to green, better? 

Sorry, I use the dark theme. 

I changed it from lime green to green, better? 

Sorry, I use the dark theme. 

haha it is but im colour blind looks red

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

haha it is but im colour blind looks red

Alrighty, changed it again. 

Lime = very bad, noted for the future!

SNIP

Should have gotten a USB mixer, like the behringer one I use 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Should have gotten a USB mixer, like the behringer one I use 

A little late as it's sitting on my desk right now, but yeah a USB one would've made it all much easier. X)

A little late as it's sitting on my desk right now, but yeah a USB one would've made it all much easier. X)

Can you sell it or return it? or perhaps you can get some sort of USB interface

I have my MMX300s connected to the headphone and mic jack on my mixer, and it has XLR too which works great, wasnt too expensive cost me like £35

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Can you sell it or return it? or perhaps you can get some sort of USB interface

I have my MMX300s connected to the headphone and mic jack on my mixer, and it has XLR too which works great, wasnt too expensive cost me like £35

Well I bought it from Amazon, I was looking for great quality for the money and after some research, settled on this one due to the portability and high quality build / components, I thought the videos I checked out as well as some written guides would make this a no-brainer but it turns out something isn't clicking. 

So a USB interface, something like:

Mixer => USB Interface => PC  ?

Well I bought it from Amazon, I was looking for great quality for the money and after some research, settled on this one due to the portability and high quality build / components, I thought the videos I checked out as well as some written guides would make this a no-brainer but it turns out something isn't clicking. 

So a USB interface, something like:

Mixer => USB Interface => PC  ?

yes but not sure how it would handle multiple inputs, and I dont know a way of interfacing an analog mixer with a PC without an interface, or some sort of advanced soundcard or external interface

there might be but I only know by using a USB interface, or usb mixer, so without those I dunno how to help ><

if you bought it on amazon (recently) just return it, I return stuff on amazon all the time, recently bought like 3 different items just to compare and sent 2 back :D

yes but not sure how it would handle multiple inputs, and I dont know a way of interfacing an analog mixer with a PC without an interface, or some sort of advanced soundcard or external interface

there might be but I only know by using a USB interface, or usb mixer, so without those I dunno how to help ><

if you bought it on amazon (recently) just return it, I return stuff on amazon all the time, recently bought like 3 different items just to compare and sent 2 back :D

Thanks for the advice, but I'd like to see about getting the analog mixer to work with my PC.

Here's the video I checked out: 

, it seems straight forward and whatnot, but something isn't working with my particular config apparently.

If all else fails, yeah I can return it since Amazon is awesome like that.