Nexus 6p vs 5x

TheGosuStandard

Looking for a general consensus regarding these two phones to help him determine which he should choose, knowing the forums I thought I can get some insight into the pros and cons of both. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

6p if you want bigger screen

5x if you want smaller screen.

6p has a little more power/battery to drive the bigger screen.

Other than that they are pretty much the same.

6p if you want bigger screen

5x if you want smaller screen.

6p has a little more power/battery to drive the bigger screen.

Other than that they are pretty much the same.

Thanks, pretty much what I was thinking.  I probably should of asked him in more detail what he was looking for  :D

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

these aren't in anyone's hand, so you can't exactly have a good review, being that the 5X will be one of the few phones to use the 808 and have a 1080p screen, meaning that the subpar GPU (Adreno 418) won't be underwhelming. So we'll just have to see, but I'd personally just go with the 5X, it seems to just be a good phone all around, and the 6P's biggest benifit over the 5X is simply just the metal construction.

6p is Samsung amoled while 5x is LG IPS,

5x is more plasticy without EIS, while 6p supports it.

6p is metal with up to 128gb and while 5x is 32 :( 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

6p is Samsung amoled while 5x is LG IPS,

5x is more plasticy without EIS, while 6p supports it.

6p is metal with up to 128gb and while 5x is 32 :(

But the OP may have Linus-sized hands :)

OR he might not like big phones

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

But the OP may have Linus-sized hands :)

OR he might not like big phones

I have the OPO, not sure how large my friends hands are.

I have the OPO, not sure how large my friends hands are.

Ask him about how he uses his phone. I, for example, use my iPhone 5s one handed the majority of the time. Its form factor suits how I use it. If he uses his phone two handed most of the time then he would probably like the 6P. It also depends upon what you use your phone for (just texting/social media? youtube/netflix?) and whether or not you have a tablet.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

The 6P is also going to be a fair bit quicker having 4 big cores verses the 5X 2 Big cores and they both share the 4 smaller cores. I think a lot of peoples main complaint is the 5X only has 2GB of RAM and that could be a problem earlier than the CPU or GPU performance is going to be.