Should I send back my Titan X's?

TECamp

I recently just bought this custom build... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4zFbMp but noticed how close the specs the 980 ti's really are to the Titan x. I am really starting to second guess my decision. Should I send them back or just avoid the hassle and use them ^.^ There could be 6 GB + games soon and then GTX 980 Ti's would stutter while the Titan X wouldn't.

Dont even bother.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Jesus christ, what a build .. I drooled.. And no don't sell them. They are worth it, don't ever downgrade. 

Custom 980Ti´s would be an upgrade.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I recently just bought this custom build... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4zFbMp but noticed how close the specs the 980 ti's really are to the Titan x. I am really starting to second guess my decision. Should I send them back or just avoid the hassle and use them ^.^ There could be 6 GB + games soon and then GTX 980 Ti's would stutter while the Titan X wouldn't.

Since custom 980Ti´s are ~20%faster than the TitanX i dont think you will have any Problems with TitanX SLI.

No no need to send them back. When Games need 12GB VRAM, the TitanX will be outdated though.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

well.. if you play vram hogging games, the 12GB may be an advantage in SLI

the only downside to the titans is the stock cooler...

Since custom 980Ti´s are ~20%faster than the TitanX i dont think you will have any Problems with TitanX SLI.

No no need to send them back. When Games need 12GB VRAM, the TitanX will be outdated though.

you're getting it wrong tho.

its not "when they need 12GB" its "when they need more than 6GB"

you're getting it wrong tho.

its not "when they need 12GB" its "when they need more than 6GB"

There are many games getting close to that 4-6 mark. I can definitely see getting above that 6 mark next year. 

There are many games getting close to that 4-6 mark. I can definitely see getting above that 6 mark next year. 

Modded Skyrim and GTA5. Not that many.

Modded Skyrim and GTA5. Not that many.

Right now. Next year I can see all the new releases being close to those graphics. That is why I was weary about six gigs and figured the specs would be much higher but they are close.. I am hoping Titan X gets some updated graphics drivers or something. It might help performance ^.^

Right now. Next year I can see all the new releases being close to those graphics. That is why I was weary about six gigs and figured the specs would be much higher but they are close.. I am hoping Titan X gets some updated graphics drivers or something. It might help performance ^.^

Most AAA Games have Console Development Lead. So i dont think we will see that anytime soon.

But again, you have 2 TitanX. Its waste of time to think about Performance Issues with those Cards.

Most AAA Games have Console Development Lead. So i dont think we will see that anytime soon.

But again, you have 2 TitanX. Its waste of time to think about Performance Issues with those Cards.

I guess I was just thinking about the price of 3 Gtx 980 TI's would of been the 2 Titan X's... Kind of bugs me that performance is so close but that 24 Gigs to 18 Gig ratio. O.o

I guess I was just thinking about the price of 3 Gtx 980 TI's would of been the 2 Titan X's... Kind of bugs me that performance is so close but that 24 Gigs to 18 Gig ratio. O.o

VRAM doesnt stack and 3way SLI is useless.

You are fine, just enjoy your killer PC.

Custom 980Ti´s would be an upgrade.

Depends on the non-reference card, KPE, Lightning and a G1 Gaming would be an upgrade if overclocked. Titan X under water would stomp all of them tho.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Another Question. Is this a Gaming PC or some kind of workstation?

Another Question. Is this a Gaming PC or some kind of workstation?

Both ^.^

Both ^.^

So you are sure you need that CPU?

For a Gaming PC that CPU would be a huge waste of Money.

Do you need the money?

The answer is the same, because the performance difference is minimal if not non-existent and your two 2560x1440 monitors won't consume 6GB of Vram anytime soon.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

So you are sure you need that CPU?

For a Gaming PC that CPU would be a huge waste of Money.

Yes, I am going to be producing a lot of Youtube content and constantly use Photoshop also. I run a account on a game with 22,000 friends around Xmas time and it has a shop on it that I make money through like SecondLife but IMVU is the name. (Santa)

No way the Titan will be feasible when games require 12GB ram. 

Xeon 1231 v3/ H81m - P33 / 8GB Corsair Vengeance/ GTX 950/ Fractal Design Core 1000.

No way the Titan will be feasible when games require 12GB ram. 

Did mean the full 12GB but more then 6GB :D

Full 12GB the GPU's chip won't be able to handle the intensity (By the time games require 12GB's average). But still it will last you quiet a while, maybe a few more years then a 980ti.

Xeon 1231 v3/ H81m - P33 / 8GB Corsair Vengeance/ GTX 950/ Fractal Design Core 1000.