Does anyone here game on 34" 3440x1440

Well what games do you play?

I would wait for the ASUS PG348Q

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I would wait for the ASUS PG348Q

I will. Even if I choose to go with 21:9, I'll wait for the PG348Q to compare.

Yeah, I like the looks of the ASUS PG348Q, it has longer warranty and better customer support than ACER

Also ASUS QC is normally better than ACER

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Tell me, how is the image? I mean do you Se more on the sides compare to a normal 1080 screen or those the image stretch out to fill out the screen? I've been playing on

3x1080 monitors in surround for awhile and its great but the total angle of 3 27 inch monitors can get annoying for the neck but you Se soooo much more in game.

Of course, since I play it on native resolution. The aspect ratio doesn't get stretched from 16:9.

I think triple monitors setup is the better option for gaming rather than 2, because the bezels do not become obstacle when you're viewing right to the center.

But remember I do work on the same PC. Triple monitor will require me to turn my neck around to see the stuff on left and right monitors. While for gaming they only satisfy your peripheral vision. They are never be the focus of your view that you need to turn your eyes to either monitor.

Of course, since I play it on native resolution. The aspect ratio doesn't get stretched from 16:9.

I think triple monitors setup is the better option for gaming rather than 2, because the bezels do not become obstacle when you're viewing right to the center.

But remember I do work on the same PC. Triple monitor will require me to turn my neck around to see the stuff on left and right monitors. While for gaming they only satisfy your peripheral vision. They are never be the focus of your view that you need to turn your eyes to either monitor.

It depends on the game, sometimes it's faster to turn your head and Se what's on the left and right than then moving the camera angle, like in a shooter, when your on a target and need to check if something is coming at you from the sides, super helpful.

Maybe I should try one big screen in the middle and two smaller on the sides in portrait.

Not sure if that's possible in surround but it would be nice if it was.

Alright so I went to Microcenter and Frys today and played around with some monitors. Here is my story and hope it helps. Take note I use this monitor at home, so you know where I'm coming from and what I'm used to seeing / using as a daily driver. I know this is a lot to read and by no means am I a good typist or have any writing skills so sorry in advance

So first I'll tell you what I got to see at Frys. They had the MG279Q on display along with another Asus monitor next to it that was a 4K. I cant remember what it was but it did look very colorful too. They had the PG278Q on display, but it wasn't working the salesman said the display port on it was busted so that's that. Alrighty so I did play around with the MG279Q even though its freesync it was 144Hz IPS. The computers both at Frys and Microcenter were not connected to the internet so I couldn't do much. So with the MG279Q I was trying to get a feel for the 144Hz on the desktop but it really didn't feel different compared to the 60Hz monitors that were at the store I was comparing to. It however did look very very pretty! So colorful and just awesome to look at to be honest.

The most important thing I'm going to mention right now is that I thought 27" was going to be too small coming from a 24". Wow I can say that 27" does look big and I can see how people say 1440p on 27" looks very very good.

Ultrawide Action. Ok so they had the 34UC97C on display and it does look pretty cool. Although they didn't have a wallpaper set to show off the colors. I should of tried to change the wallpaper because it was set on a solid baby blue background. It does look very big though I can imagine how playing Tomb Raider or Batman or some single player game or worldofwarcraft would look super awesome on it. That's really all I have to say about the Ultrawide. I honestly am starting to hate Frys though, because their displays and what they have to choose from really sucks over there. Atleast the one I go to.

Now at Microcenter. They had the PG278Q on display there, and it was working! Alright so cut to the chase as soon as I grabbed that mouse oh man I could tell the smoothness on the desktop was amazing super dooper silky smooth. I don't know why the MG279Q didn't feel smooth there was something wrong or not set to 144Hz on it because it did not feel any different. Alright so back to the PG278Q I could tell right away it felt very good moving the mouse around on the desktop, but it didn't look anywhere near as pretty as the MG279Q because that one is IPS and this PG278Q is a TN. 

So my conclusion. I got to say I was actually very surprised how big the 27" monitor is. It does feel big and the MG279Q IPS screen did look very nice and colorful. It was set to a Halo 4 wallpaper and it looked badass. I'm sorry I couldn't find really any other ultrawide's on display. Microcenter had none of the premium ones like the Curved Dell or AOC or anything. All I got to see today was the 34UC97C and I really couldn't do anything with it. What I can tell you is that I would be very happy with a 27" display it looks very big in person and I'd be more than happy with a 27" and not have to lose the Sync or the 144Hz.

Guys I was so freaking set on going with an ultrawide but to be quite honest what I got to witness with the PG278Q of how smooth it was and the looks of how the MG279Q that IPS sceen looks amazing and I think I'm going to be choosing the PG279Q when it comes out. I'll be able to pair that with another 27" 1440P monitor next to it for watching streams or having skype up or whatever. So yeah the ultrawide is nice but the 27" feels big enough and the smoothness I got to witness with the PG278Q and the colorfulness of the MG279Q it just makes me more excited for the PG279Q.

Alright guys so if you are still reading this, let me know if you have any questions and anything I should note or whatever let me know.

Update:

After doing some thinking, I wanted to just say that I still haven't ruled out 21:9. I still have yet to see a solid LG in action. going to look around some more today & try and get a better feel for what 21:9 is all about. I wanted to say again, I was very pleased with how big the 27" displays looked and that 144Hz did feel nice. I didn't get to game or anything on it though to really get a feel for it. Now its just to figure out normal 3440x1440 at 60Hz, PG279Q, the Acer X34 or Asus PG348Q. Those are at the top of my list as of right now.

I'm waiting for the Acer Predator x34 which should be out here in Canada in the next two weeks.  They had a limited supply already sold and shipped in the US last week so it should be soon.

The nice thing about this monitor is even though it is 100Hz... it is really a 60hz monitor with the G-sync making it overclockable.  That means you don't NEED a 980TI to run it.  My friend has two 980s like I do and he has it in the US. He says his games work just fine at 100Hz.

The TFT review gave it huge thumbs up now that they have fixed the color banding issue.  Linus will be getting his soon and I can't wait to see the review.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

I'm waiting for the Acer Predator x34 which should be out here in Canada in the next two weeks.  They had a limited supply already sold and shipped in the US last week so it should be soon.

The nice thing about this monitor is even though it is 100Hz... it is really a 60hz monitor with the G-sync making it overclockable.  That means you don't NEED a 980TI to run it.  My friend has two 980s like I do and he has it in the US. He says his games work just fine at 100Hz.

The TFT review gave it huge thumbs up now that they have fixed the color banding issue.  Linus will be getting his soon and I can't wait to see the review.

Well I think two 980s will out perform a single 980ti 

Alright so I went to Microcenter and Frys today and played around with some monitors. Here is my story and hope it helps. Take note I use this monitor at home, so you know where I'm coming from and what I'm used to seeing / using as a daily driver. I know this is a lot to read and by no means am I a good typist or have any writing skills so sorry in advance

So first I'll tell you what I got to see at Frys. They had the MG279Q on display along with another Asus monitor next to it that was a 4K. I cant remember what it was but it did look very colorful too. They had the PG278Q on display, but it wasn't working the salesman said the display port on it was busted so that's that. Alrighty so I did play around with the MG279Q even though its freesync it was 144Hz IPS. The computers both at Frys and Microcenter were not connected to the internet so I couldn't do much. So with the MG279Q I was trying to get a feel for the 144Hz on the desktop but it really didn't feel different compared to the 60Hz monitors that were at the store I was comparing to. It however did look very very pretty! So colorful and just awesome to look at to be honest.

The most important thing I'm going to mention right now is that I thought 27" was going to be too small coming from a 24". Wow I can say that 27" does look big and I can see how people say 1440p on 27" looks very very good.

Ultrawide Action. Ok so they had the 34UC97C on display and it does look pretty cool. Although they didn't have a wallpaper set to show off the colors. I should of tried to change the wallpaper because it was set on a solid baby blue background. It does look very big though I can imagine how playing Tomb Raider or Batman or some single player game or worldofwarcraft would look super awesome on it. That's really all I have to say about the Ultrawide. I honestly am starting to hate Frys though, because their displays and what they have to choose from really sucks over there. Atleast the one I go to.

Now at Microcenter. They had the PG278Q on display there, and it was working! Alright so cut to the chase as soon as I grabbed that mouse oh man I could tell the smoothness on the desktop was amazing super dooper silky smooth. I don't know why the MG279Q didn't feel smooth there was something wrong or not set to 144Hz on it because it did not feel any different. Alright so back to the PG278Q I could tell right away it felt very good moving the mouse around on the desktop, but it didn't look anywhere near as pretty as the MG279Q because that one is IPS and this PG278Q is a TN.

So my conclusion. I got to say I was actually very surprised how big the 27" monitor is. It does feel big and the MG279Q IPS screen did look very nice and colorful. It was set to a Halo 4 wallpaper and it looked badass. I'm sorry I couldn't find really any other ultrawide's on display. Microcenter had none of the premium ones like the Curved Dell or AOC or anything. All I got to see today was the 34UC97C and I really couldn't do anything with it. What I can tell you is that I would be very happy with a 27" display it looks very big in person and I'd be more than happy with a 27" and not have to lose the Sync or the 144Hz.

Guys I was so freaking set on going with an ultrawide but to be quite honest what I got to witness with the PG278Q of how smooth it was and the looks of how the MG279Q that IPS sceen looks amazing and I think I'm going to be choosing the PG279Q when it comes out. I'll be able to pair that with another 27" 1440P monitor next to it for watching streams or having skype up or whatever. So yeah the ultrawide is nice but the 27" feels big enough and the smoothness I got to witness with the PG278Q and the colorfulness of the MG279Q it just makes me more excited for the PG279Q.

Alright guys so if you are still reading this, let me know if you have any questions and anything I should note or whatever let me know.

Update:

After doing some thinking, I wanted to just say that I still haven't ruled out 21:9. I still have yet to see a solid LG in action. going to look around some more today & try and get a better feel for what 21:9 is all about. I wanted to say again, I was very pleased with how big the 27" displays looked and that 144Hz did feel nice. I didn't get to game or anything on it though to really get a feel for it. Now its just to figure out normal 3440x1440 at 60Hz, PG279Q, the Acer X34 or Asus PG348Q. Those are at the top of my list as of right now.

Thank you very much for the update. It's really appreciated.

I think it is a wise choice to keep 21:9 i your decision process.

For now, I tend to favor a bit more 21:9 over 16:9 based on a couple of reasons.

First of all, while 100hz in not 144hz, it is still a big leap over 60hz. If the PG348Q or the XR34 were 60-75 I'd say it is a major difference. At 100hz, while perceptible, it is much less.

Secondly, all the comments I hear about 144hz is it makes a noticeable difference on two different scenarios: FPS (major) and desktop usage (not as importantly as FPS). That means that unless you use your PC primarily for FPS, the 144hz vs 100hz doesn't apply most of the time.

I game on FPS yes, but the rest of the time, I will enjoy my 3440x1440 for coding, movie watching, music composing, extra FOV in games including FPS, browsing, etc. And still like I was saying, 100hz is not complete crap.

Finally, don't forget you get used to everything after a whike. When I bought my 55 inches tv back in 2012, I was amazed at how big it was. After a month or two, I was questionning myself if I shouldn't have pulled the trigget on a 60 or 65 inches because I got used to the size. While 27 looks big today, it might not look as big in a few weeks and you might regret those extra inches on each side :)

I'm not completely decided yet. Just some food for thought :)

I hope so and for those who said that Asus has better tech support than Acer I suppose that is subjective.  My experience with Asus with RMA's for 3 MBs has been nothing but atrocious.

Anyway I'll be getting my Acer Predator x34 early next week!!!!

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

Thank you for all the info! It helps a ton Ryz!

And not to get off topic (Kind of semi-on-topic), but I was also wondering..I currently game on my 27'' TV. And like i said in my previous post, I will be getting either an Asus/Acer Ultrawide or the Asus PG279Q soon.

Though along with PC Gaming, I also use my TV to occasionally play Xbox One on, and obviously watch TV on it. One of my concerns were, if I were to get one of those new monitors, how does 1080p from Xbox/Watching TV scale on those monitors with 1440p? Is it going to look terrible?

I'm trying to figure out if it would look fine, or if I would either need to get a secondary 4k or a better 1080p monitor or TV for the Xbox one and to watch TV on. Any input on that?

The need of higher resolution on PC gaming is because you view your display at shorter distance than that of when you're playing on console. It may look terrible if you sit at the distance you usually game on PC. But otherwise, it'll be hard to notice.