Windows explorer very slow

Z3G
Go to solution Solved by Dr_Nooberious,

Hello, I'm running windows 8.1 and all the explorer tasks has gotten really slow, Creating a new folder, renaming it, deleting files takes awfully long. When I create a new folder nothing happens so i get to another window of explorer get back to the current and only then it is created. Any ideas what may be the cause of this? Everything else works at normal speed. It seemed to me though that it got even worse after I installed MS Visual Studio.

P.S. No, I'm not using Internet explorer.  :D

Sounds like a general slowdown.

2 things you can do that may help. 1) download auslogics disk defrag free edition, install it (deselect the 'install boostspeed option" in the installer), when it is done select your drive(s) and click the down arrow next the defrag button and choose "defrag & optimize". this should speed up your pc.

2) download a system cleaner/optimizer program (e.g. advanced system care) install it and run the program click clean when the program has found problems. when that is done you should see a significant PC speed-up.

Hope this helps

Hello, I'm running windows 8.1 and all the explorer tasks has gotten really slow, Creating a new folder, renaming it, deleting files takes awfully long. When I create a new folder nothing happens so i get to another window of explorer get back to the current and only then it is created. Any ideas what may be the cause of this? Everything else works at normal speed. It seemed to me though that it got even worse after I installed MS Visual Studio.

2 things you can do that may help. 1) download auslogics disk defrag free edition, install it (deselect the 'install boostspeed option" in the installer), when it is done select your drive(s) and click the down arrow next the defrag button and choose "defrag & optimize". this should speed up your pc.

2) download a system cleaner/optimizer program (e.g. advanced system care) install it and run the program click clean when the program has found problems. when that is done you should see a significant PC speed-up.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

Thanks, defragmentation helped.  :) OS on HDD.