Gaming Rig not Acting like a Gaming Rig

so i have everything that are the makings of a gaming rig, but for some reason i dont get the performance of a gaming rig. here;s my specs.

AMD FX 6300 six core @ 4.1GHz(overclocked and water cooled)

Radeon R9 290X 4gb 

16gb RAM (four 4gb sticks)

MSI 970 MB

850-875w Power supply

238gb SSD 

1Tb HDD

my problem here is that 1 im not getting the fps i should (no more than 60) and 2 my gpu gets super hot, its said to get up to 95C but my computer shuts down when it hits 70. any help would be amazing, thanks.

most likely a bottleneck

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

so i have everything that are the makings of a gaming rig, but for some reason i dont get the performance of a gaming rig. here;s my specs.

Radeon R9 290X 4gb 

MSI 970 MB

850-875w Power supply

238gb SSD 

1Tb HDD

my problem here is that 1 im not getting the fps i should (no more than 60) and 2 my gpu gets super hot, its said to get up to 95C but my computer shuts down when it hits 70. any help would be amazing, thanks.

Are you sure you have good air flow? Monitor you temps to see any  thermal Throtlle

Chek your drivers, update them

Radeon R9 290X 4gb 

MSI 970 MB

850-875w Power supply

238gb SSD 

1Tb HDD

The way you say 850w-875w power supply scares me. What brand/model number is this?

Sig under construction.

Radeon R9 290X 4gb 

MSI 970 MB

850-875w Power supply

238gb SSD 

1Tb HDD

id assume you have a bottleneck caused by your fx processor, 

~dm

my case is a full size tower and the side panel is taken off, the power supply is just because im unsure of the wattage but its one or the other. and when playing a game almost none of my cpu is used.

Are you sure you have good air flow? Monitor you temps to see any  thermal Throtlle

Chek your drivers, update them

The way you say 850w-875w power supply scares me. What brand/model number is this?

id assume you have a bottleneck caused by your fx processor, 

most likely a bottleneck

+1

Bottleneck?

the 290x gets Really HOT and when OC it gets hotter

my case is a full size tower and the side panel is taken off, the power supply is just because im unsure of the wattage but its one or the other. and when playing a game almost none of my cpu is used.

Well thats one hell of a wierd situation...

Well thats one hell of a wierd situation...

IKR? i cant figure it out, i wouldnt think i had a bottleneck. i saw a recommendation that i should have an FX9xxx series, but i caouldnt even find those and the 8xxx are hella expensive.

IKR? i cant figure it out, i wouldnt think i had a bottleneck. i saw a recommendation that i should have an FX9xxx series, but i caouldnt even find those and the 8xxx are hella expensive.

I have no idea, here are a few random idea:

uninstall an reinstall drivers / game

malware scan

mb drivers?

Direct X uninstall and re-install

I have no idea, here are a few random idea:

uninstall an reinstall drivers / game

malware scan

mb drivers?

Direct X uninstall and re-install

yeah haha those were ideas i had too, nothing tho

yeah haha those were ideas i had too, nothing tho

Sorry its all i can do with the info i have, GL :/

FWIW, having V-SYNC turned on would limit you to no more than 60 fps, might check that V-SYNC is turned off. 

As for your video card getting so hot.....sounds like a separate issue to me. Maybe check the fans are spinning like they should and there are no obstructions blocking good air flow to the card.

Just my .02

Good luck!

The computer isn't the "Thing".....the computer is the "Thing" that gets you to the "Thing".  - excerpt from "Halt and Catch Fire".