Chinese hackers arrested after US request

Muz

Chinese police have arrested hackers after the US government supplied them with a list of cybercrime suspects, the Washington Post reports.

The hackers are believed to have stolen research and development information from several US firms.

The Chinese government has quietly arrested a handful of hackers at the urging of the U.S. government — an unprecedented step to defuse tensions with Washington at a time when the Obama administration has threatenedeconomic sanctions.

The subject of cyber spying and hacking featured in the talks between Mr Xi and President Obama. During the talks the two nations are believed to have negotiated an understanding that China would move to stop attacks on US businesses. Trade sanctions had been threatened if China had not agreed to act.

Sources: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34504317

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/in-a-first-chinese-hackers-are-arrested-at-the-behest-of-the-us-government/2015/10/09/0a7b0e46-6778-11e5-8325-a42b5a459b1e_story.html

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

"arrested"

probably sitting in a chinese government office somewhere sipping tea right now

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

"arrested"

probably sitting in a chinese government office somewhere sipping tea right now

probably just hung a note on their office door to take a week off

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

ok, well i can see why they listened to the US, because iirc trade is the main economy of china so if sanctions were placed on china then they would be losing a lot of money

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

ok, well i can see why they listened to the US, because iirc trade is the main economy of china so if sanctions were placed on china then they would be losing a lot of money

USA would crumble without Chinese imports.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

USA would crumble without Chinese imports.

and so would the chinese without the US

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Well, if I was in China I'd be glad to be extradited and prosecuted in the US as opposed to being given the same process in China....probably never to be seen again....

-------

Current Rig

-------

and so would the chinese without the US

Actually not quite. Yes they'd be significantly weakened without the strongest economy in the world, but they have plenty of other people buying from them from all over the world. They could survive, the US dependency on China is a lot more important than the other way around.

-------

Current Rig

-------