3D scanners are getting cheap so fast, the age of 3D piracy could soon be upon us

jos

mg_2841.jpg?w=880

we could be about to enter an era that pundits have been wringing their hands about for some time: the age in which it’s possible to rip, mix and print physical objects with the same ease that was once reserved for music and other media. Indeed, US copyright czar Victoria Espinel has warned that it could lead to an increase in counterfeit and pirated goods. Some entrepreneurs seem eager to bring about this future: A company subtly named Pirate3D held a very successful Kickstarter campaign in June for its 3D printer, the equally subtly named The Buccaneer.

Source: http://qz.com/115824

pirate ?

there arnt really alot of designs that are patented  that are that small

and the ones that are patented like a phone   cant be just printed ....

im trying to think of something that can be copied  illegally  but nothing comes to mind

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

pirate ?

there arnt really alot of designs that are patented  that are that small

and the ones that are patented like a phone   cant be just printed ....

im trying to think of something that can be copied  illegally  but nothing comes to mind

a pencil? XD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I never read it, but  damn, those earrings are ugly. :lol:

China has been flooding the world  with counterfeit knock offs for years so I don't think it will worsen the IP problem much.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

I don't think 3d piracy will be problem. Printing guns, thats the real issue.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I don't think 3d piracy will be problem. Printing guns, thats the real issue.

Yeah, but still quality like shown in the YT lets you shot 4-5 bullets and break down, but still those 4-5 bullets count.

I would make head statue of Josh from Fractal with same stance as in WAN show picture. Put it next to Steve Jobs statue...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Maybe LMG will buy 3D scanner and printer and start making weird stuff with our donations :).

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Maybe LMG will buy 3D scanner and printer and start making weird stuff with our donations :).

I want this.