Installing OS to SSD

ColdDigital

Hey,

I bought an SSD to put my Windows 7 Prof 64 bit on it from my current 1 TB Blue WD HDD. I backed up all my data but dont know what to do now. Should I erase all of the data on the HDD, install the OS on the new SSD and then put the backup data back on the HDD?

Thanks

<-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><----->

Cold

Use te software that came with your SSD

Don't start a post without pc specs.

Use te software that came with your SSD

I dont want all the data on the SSD just the OS.

Cold

Then you can reïnstall windows, or upgrade to win 10

Don't start a post without pc specs.

Basically, yes, but I wouldn't erase anything on the hdd until the ssd is up, running and is solid. When you are installing O/S unplug the hdd and just have the ssd available. Less stress and all around fuckery from MS.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Basically, yes, but I wouldn't erase anything on the hdd until the ssd is up, running and is solid. When you are installing O/S unplug the hdd and just have the ssd available. Less stress and all around fuckery from MS.

Ok, I have the OS now on the SSD, and plugged in my HDD afterwards. Should I now erase the HDD or just leave it?

Cold

If your backup is solid (check it first!) then erase the hdd and put your data on it. Realise that your apps will have to be reinstalled because you have a different registry now and they ain't in it.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Ok, I have the OS now on the SSD, and plugged in my HDD afterwards. Should I now erase the HDD or just leave it?

Thats personal preference. You get more space after formatting storage drive but thats not needed. You can just reinstall all software that wehere on that drive.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv