Good-Looking Cases From The Late 90s/Early 2000s?

Hey there!

I'm planning on building a retro workstation/gaming rig using hardware and peripherals from the late 90s and the early 2000s, but I'm having trouble looking for a good case from that era. Any recommendations? I'll post my part list once it's finalized.

Thanks!

"Daddy's going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." -Linus Sebastian 2014 (src)

"I believe in French Fries. I believe in America. I believe in the Union." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

"I have pockets in all my shorts." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

Cases were pretty boring back then, I doubt you will find something good-looking.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Umm... don't expect to do anything remotely modern on that machine. Maybe set it up as a museum exhibit? I can only think of buying like an old Alienware case from eBay.  

Good luck finding something nice looking, maybe just an old gutted computer case that looks 90's ish? I would like to see how this turns out though, maybe make a build log?

PS: Check out Green Ham Gaming on YouTube, he does a lot of projects like yours, and I think he has a 90's Ultimate PC build log.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

You should find one of those old beige compaq/dell/gateway/whatever desktop chassis and mod it to make it more modern.

Umm... don't expect to do anything remotely modern on that machine. Maybe set it up as a museum exhibit? I can only think of buying like an old Alienware case from eBay.  

Oh, I know! hehe.

It's going to be more of a nostalgia machine than anything.

"Daddy's going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." -Linus Sebastian 2014 (src)

"I believe in French Fries. I believe in America. I believe in the Union." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

Good luck finding something nice looking, maybe just an old gutted computer case that looks 90's ish? I would like to see how this turns out though, maybe make a build log?

PS: Check out Green Ham Gaming on YouTube, he does a lot of projects like yours, and I think he has a 90's Ultimate PC build log.

Thanks! Once I have everything, I'll make a build log.

Cases were pretty boring back then, I doubt you will find something good-looking.

True, but there were definitely a few unique ones.

You should find one of those old beige compaq/dell/gateway/whatever desktop chassis and mod it to make it more modern.

If only I had the time... or the tools... :P

I would, off the top of my head, say there are the horizontal BEHOLD-MY-FLOPPY-DISK-DRIVES style and the more modern (at the time, hehe) turbo button style. With a style chosen, might be easier to help you find a case. Sounds like a neat project, keep us posted!

Yeah, I'm looking for a tower, ideally. Since the parts aren't finalized yet, I have some flexibility when it comes to which type of case I'll be using. The software and games I'll be running on it don't need to be played in 'turbo mode' if I recall correctly, but if I do in the end have a turbo button on my case then it automatically becomes a hundred times cooler (lol)

I'll be updating this thread with a link to another thread that'll have my part list once that's finalized. Once I have all the parts I need, I'll put together a build log!

Thanks for the kind words!