Is there any way i can get better performance on my cpu

Hello, i am currently running on a 3770 with stock cooler and i was wondering if there was a way to gain more performance from it rather than upgrading. Maybe using an aftermarket cpu cooler and such but im kinda lost on that sort of thing :)

No. In order for you get more performance from your CPU, it would need to be unlocked. A cooler CPU doesn't inherently result in a faster performing CPU.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

No. In order for you get more performance from your CPU, it would need to be unlocked. A cooler CPU doesn't inherently result in a faster performing CPU.

I know the sandy bridge non K series can be overclocked a bit. My old i5 2500 runs at 3.8ghz on all four cores with a z77 motherboard. Not sure about ivy bridge.

It's not possible. You would need to purchase an unlocked CPU in order to overclock it for better performance.

I know the sandy bridge non K series can be overclocked a bit. My old i5 2500 runs at 3.8ghz on all four cores with a z77 motherboard. Not sure about ivy bridge.

Realistically, it's only on unlocked CPUs. Certain circumstances may allow for it, yes.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch