Question on credit card.

Pooherino ツ

snip

...I cant even frigging make out half of the counter arguments you are trying to make.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Debit card works just fine  :D

While true it does not give the protection of a credit card so it is best to just get a credit card and treat it like a debit card.

Then if it's not for borrowing money then why use it at all? For everything you spend through it you pay for the privilege in doing so. As for going over the balance, you should't I agree... until you do:

You are correct and once that very thin line is crossed (often without realization) one can expect to receive absolutely no mercy. The whole system is designed and intended drag you down further and further.

Because it's easier and much quicker to pay for things online. I'm also 99% sure that my regular bank card doesn't support international transactions.

That line isn't so thin when you have a sufficient income every month and don't spend it like an imbicile

...I cant even frigging make out half of the counter arguments you are trying to make.

That's a shame for you but I'm not sure how much more basic I could make it for you. Let's see; I'm saying that your mindset is at fault essentially and that you are blinded by what you consider to be a safe system. Does that help you?

While true it does not give the protection of a credit card so it is best to just get a credit card and treat it like a debit card.

Because it's easier and much quicker to pay for things online.

That line isn't so thin when you have a sufficient income every month and don't spend it like an imbicile

Just wrap it in something like PayPal? For the extra risk that comes with the credit card, no thanks  ^_^

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

That's a shame for you but I'm not sure how much more basic I could make it for you. Let's see; I'm saying that your mindset is at fault essentially and that you are blinded by what you consider to be a safe system. Does that help you?

Just wrap it in something like PayPal? For the extra risk that comes with the credit card, no thanks  ^_^

As we've discussed, there's no "extra risk" involved as long as you don't spend more than your currently own.

If I wouldn't have a credit card, my PayPal transactions would take +- 3 days.

As we've discussed, there's no "extra risk" involved as long as you don't spend more than your currently own.

And there is the caveat isn't it?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

And there is the caveat isn't it?

Of course, that's where the "knowing how to manage your money" comes in. If you don't know how to do that, there will be risk involved.

Of course, that's where the "knowing how to manage your money" comes in. If you don't know how to do that, there will be risk involved.

Wonderful and we have now come full circle. Can you see it yet?

Let me try and help again; we have arrived back at the very first point: If you propose to know how to manage your money properly then why do you need a credit card at all? Why invoke the risk and worse still, why pay a company for the privilege of spending your own money?

Wonderful and we have now come full circle. Can you see it yet?

Let me try and help again; we have arrived back at the very first point: If you propose to know how to manage your money properly then why do you need a credit card at all? Why invoke the risk and worse still, why pay a company for the privilege of spending your own money?

It's quicker  (for me), pretty sure I've stated that somewhere before. I could go fully in-depth on how it works for me, but it comes down to the fact that PayPal will take up to 3 days to complete transactions.

After all, 3EU / month is close to nothing for me so I don't have any issues with it.

There is no risk with a credit card if you trust yourself not to get into debt with it. Also not every site accepts PayPal so there is that. 

There is no risk with a credit card if you trust yourself not to get into debt with it. Also not every site accepts PayPal so there is that. 

Well my only counter to that right now is that I haven't used a credit card in almost 10 years now and I've never had a problem with security or accepted payment methods.

Well my only counter to that right now is that I haven't used a credit card in almost 10 years now and I've never had a problem with security or accepted payment methods.

Each to their own I guess, you also miss out on helping build your credit up sure there are other ways but credit cards are an easy way that takes almost no effort and 0 risk.

I have to have one for online purchases and hotel stays. Last I checked hotels don't take PayPal.

It comes down to personal responsibility. Everyone should limit their credit card to a few thousand maximum(2 or 3) until they inevitably get into trouble with it, pay it off, and truly understand what they are and how they work. Or keep it limited. Because learning you can't trust yourself with a card is an important lesson too.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Each to their own I guess, you also miss out on helping build your credit up sure there are other ways but credit cards are an easy way that takes almost no effort and 0 risk.

Not really, there's a special type of fake loan for that.