Where to mount it in the case? And how to fill it? It seems only have 2 ports. I would like to see a double thickness version.

Uhm, we'll see about that,. but then they'd have to get thicker and it would make them harder to mount/mod in smaller chassis.

Here is an additional prototype, with an additional hole for filling it up (not tasted yet, but the older one was still very easy to fill)

attachicon.gif12072753_10208144492916355_1215189240925057212_n.jpgattachicon.gif12106735_10208144464955656_7340064432154271357_n.jpgattachicon.gif12108780_10208144493676374_8955305505694302915_n.jpg

Check these pictures out - for now we're just testing functionality and seeing where the best hole positioning is - the final versions will have the fill hole too :) 

As far as double thickness goes, we haven't considered that yet, but in case there is demand/need we'll certainly add them to the lineup 

Intel Core i7 4790KK @4.2Ghz; AsRock Z97M OC Formula; HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3 @1866; Zotac GTX970 @1532; 7510; Defcon One Final prototype; 2x 2TB seagate HDD,1 x Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB SSD1x Kingston SSD now V300 240GB; Corsair CX600M; 2x LG full HD 21.5"; Seidon 120V with Jetflow 120mm fan; CM Devastator; A4 Tech Bloody V2M Sanguinante2.1 Trust surround; Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Check these pictures out - for now we're just testing functionality and seeing where the best hole positioning is - the final versions will have the fill hole too :)

As far as double thickness goes, we haven't considered that yet, but in case there is demand/need we'll certainly add them to the lineup

if you guys find a way to make this sturdy enough I would love to have a thing like this as a motherboard tray in my next custom build. Ahhh a guy can dream xD

I assume because it's acrylic you could make the back piece any color?  And...do you make custom sizes?  Like...large.  VERY large.  I've been toying with doing something like this myself, and have had a lot of success with chemical welding, but....I don't have the cnc router to get it done the "right way".  

This is the first one I threw together with some scrap pieces I had laying around, as a "proof of concept" type of thing.  You can kind of see some air bubbles in between the layers....so, while chemical welding seals it up very well, it has draw backs too..../shrug

tfqLdql.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

I assume because it's acrylic you could make the back piece any color?  And...do you make custom sizes?  Like...large.  VERY large.  I've been toying with doing something like this myself, and have had a lot of success with chemical welding, but....I don't have the cnc router to get it done the "right way".  

This is the first one I threw together with some scrap pieces I had laying around, as a "proof of concept" type of thing.  You can kind of see some air bubbles in between the layers....so, while chemical welding seals it up very well, it has draw backs too..../shrug

tfqLdql.jpg

Yeah, we could make very large ones, technically to the size of the sheet itself, even if that might be a bit impractical to handle :P

We made them fully transparent and decided to use screws to fix the two elements together so that people would have an easier time modding it - we'll also have a model without the threads for screws, so that those who want can customize it at will :) 

if you guys find a way to make this sturdy enough I would love to have a thing like this as a motherboard tray in my next custom build. Ahhh a guy can dream xD

Well, currently it's pretty rigid - haven't tried to make it in ATX size yet but it is certainly possible :)

Intel Core i7 4790KK @4.2Ghz; AsRock Z97M OC Formula; HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3 @1866; Zotac GTX970 @1532; 7510; Defcon One Final prototype; 2x 2TB seagate HDD,1 x Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB SSD1x Kingston SSD now V300 240GB; Corsair CX600M; 2x LG full HD 21.5"; Seidon 120V with Jetflow 120mm fan; CM Devastator; A4 Tech Bloody V2M Sanguinante2.1 Trust surround; Win 10 Pro 64 bit

It could be done, but sealing might be a bit of a problem there without using thicker plexi to make sure it doesn't "bend out" at all and the liquid stays perfectly distributed - if you want one like that we could try making a prototype based on your specs :)

This is nice offer. Sadly I just finished a passive cooled rig, so I can't use it as an upgrade. And because I just spent a lot on the build I'm not able to afford a new one.

But keep going!

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Yeah, we could make very large ones, technically to the size of the sheet itself, even if that might be a bit impractical to handle :P

We made them fully transparent and decided to use screws to fix the two elements together so that people would have an easier time modding it - we'll also have a model without the threads for screws, so that those who want can customize it at will :)

Well, currently it's pretty rigid - haven't tried to make it in ATX size yet but it is certainly possible :)

The one I'm doing is more for "water channels" as opposed to "reservoir".  The one I'm doing will fill the top of my Core X9 case...so, quite large.

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

I think a good idea would be a hole on each side as well, so one at bottom, 1 at top, and one on other side of top

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Hydra have a website?

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

This is nice offer. Sadly I just finished a passive cooled rig, so I can't use it as an upgrade. And because I just spent a lot on the build I'm not able to afford a new one.

But keep going!

Haha I see :) care to share a pict? :D

The one I'm doing is more for "water channels" as opposed to "reservoir".  The one I'm doing will fill the top of my Core X9 case...so, quite large.

Uhm, I see - these are more like flat reservoirs, yet as I said before one can place a panel/sheet on top and so "draw out" any kind of routing they want withotu the hassle of actually building it :)

I think a good idea would be a hole on each side as well, so one at bottom, 1 at top, and one on other side of top

The current model has 2 holes one near each other, plus one more diametrically opposite to them :)

Hydra have a website?

Yes, but for now it's more of a placeholder - when we'll launch the crowdfunding we'll put and actual website with good graphics/description/etc up - for now have the link, but as I said it's pretty much a placeholder thing

http://hydra-shop.com/

We do have a fb page thats working for now :) https://www.facebook.com/Hydra-400905430057461/timeline/

for any info on anything feel free to ask here/in PM :)

Now make them as wide as the side panel so we can use a reservoir as a "window". It would also act a bit as a passive radiator.

But the also looks good like they are.

That would be epic as fuuuuck.

Moist

Haha I see :) care to share a pict? :D

Here is the build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/351134-finished-the-silent-cube-pushing-passive-cooling-to-the-limit-with-dual-gtx-980-update-17-pictures/

It is also linked in my signature, second build.

But it looks like Kenji the Uke is interested in a "window reservoir".

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Ever since i saw Vellinious's prototype I've been kicking this idea around. Nice to know that someone is looking into producing something like it! I'll be interested for sure

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

That would be epic as fuuuuck.

We'll see how feasible it is, and if it is, we might have them available on demand :) 

Here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/351134-the-silent-cube-pushing-passive-cooling-to-the-limit-with-dual-gtx-980-update-16-charging-the-smartphone-for-free-while-gaming/

It is also linked in my signature, second build.

But it looks like Kenji the Uke is interested in a "window reservoir".

If all goes well, we'll have goodies for him too :)

Ever since i saw Vellinious's prototype I've been kicking this idea around. Nice to know that someone is looking into producing something like it! I'll be interested for sure

Thanks man! stay tuned for updates :)

This is a great idea for us micro and itx guys

The smaller ones will certainly allow for soem itneresting solutions in compact casings! :D

3:! Definitely! Like the Node!

The Fractal design one? :)