NZXT H440 Matte Black and Slight Updates!

Kenji the Uke

I've been a huge fan for a long time about the H440 case by NZXT. However, No matter who I watched make it, they always complained of starved/choked fans from the top and intake. Apparently, they have fixed those issues, as well as many others and minor updates! They are even adding more colors! I cant get the actual tweet because I'm a derp, but I even got confirmation from NZXT that these new updates will trickle into the other color-designs as stock builds up. I am definitely going to finally do a build in it. The new color is Matte Black by the way~ The article even mentions a PWM Fan Hub, which I absolutely would love to have!

News Article: 
http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cases_cooling/nzxt_release_h440_matte_black_case/1

"This version of the H440 should be called the H440+ as it offers several key improvements over the original, like redesigned ventilation for better airflow, increased height and even redesigned HDD trays to allow you to mount drives on the top and bottom of them. " Quote from OC3D

k22u1Zf.png
rujjAWW.jpg

Edited by Whiskers
Fixed for night theme users

Moist

Awesome to hear!
Have loved this case forever, but haven't gotten due to airflow.

This, and the matte black finish might be enough to convince me over the master case 5

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

It looks like the only difference is the panels. It would be possible to convert a H440 into a H440+ by swapping the panels and raising the front io circuit board to meet the thicker panels

its such a good looking case. the s340 is way to plain for me.

I never liked how easily scratched the paint/window was for the s340 and it just.. Its missing something. 3:

Moist

This looks neat. I would probably had gone with this if I hadn't picked the air 540.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

What took them so long to come out with this!?!? I would have purchased this in a heartbeat months ago!

Project: JETTE, Custom workstation/gaming PC build http://pcpartpicker.com/b/XZTH99 i7-5820K | Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-2400 RAM | Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme | Phanteks EVOLV ATX | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB + Seagate 3TB HDD | Corsair AX760 | LG 34UC87C 3440x1440 34" Ultrawide Curverd Monitor | Corsair H110i GTX | CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Gaming Keyboard | Logitech MX Master | Bose C2 Speakers | Windows 10

What took them so long to come out with this!?!? I would have purchased this in a heartbeat months ago!

RIGHT?!

Moist

Increasing the height is a really stupid idea.

Why? Owo If it breathes better, I'm sure its not more than a couple cm's which is haaardly noticable.

Moist

Increasing the height is a really stupid idea.

The body is the same size. The height increase is due to the panel on the top being thicker to allow more airflow. The same is true for the front panel. It looks like it is just a few centimeters

I doubt Linus would do a whole new review based off the changes, but it would be nice to see a closer investigation of the changes..

Moist

Jizz+everywhere+from+aziz+ansari_50ccec_

I really like this. It might just be my next case if I go for a regular case, but I'm leaning toward something that I can rack mount 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Y.. Y-you could rack mount this. >W> With ductape..

well the other option I'm considering is a larger case with 5 inch bays for putting hot swap bays in there. Not really sure honestly, I guess it depends what I end up spending. If I rackmount, that means I have to buy the rack, and other cases as well as some shelves and shit to make use of the space. I want an enclosed full sized one, but I might be able to get an old one cheap off of craigstlist or something, but every time there's someone getting rid of one I miss it. Not often 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

xD Have you considered Ebay then? owo

Well I'm not ready to buy a new setup yet. I really need a laptop first. But I'm trying to find something more local. Most people that post to craigslist just want to get rid of them. I've looked at ebay, but right now within a 45 minute drive for me there's someone selling 5 full height cabinets or so, 2 the style I want, all for around 100$ or less, so whenever I'm ready to buy, if I go with a rackmount setup, I'll wait for something to pop up round me. I'm willing to borrow a truck and haul it myself at that price

muh specs 

All parts black

I bought the black/red H440 version the moment it got released since I absolutely loved it's clean design.

Now I feel this itch to buy this new version(matte black finish, apparently better airflow and pwm controlled case fans)... damn my first world problems. 

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

3: Hmm.. Maybe.. You could buy the new one then sell the old one? Or make epic art with it! owo

Moist

Well I'm not ready to buy a new setup yet. I really need a laptop first. But I'm trying to find something more local. Most people that post to craigslist just want to get rid of them. I've looked at ebay, but right now within a 45 minute drive for me there's someone selling 5 full height cabinets or so, 2 the style I want, all for around 100$ or less, so whenever I'm ready to buy, if I go with a rackmount setup, I'll wait for something to pop up round me. I'm willing to borrow a truck and haul it myself at that price

I wish to see this when it is done 3:

Moist

I wish to see this when it is done 3:

It's a maybe. What I like about the idea is having all of my wires and shit in there behind a door and be able to store tools and stuff in there. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I bought the black/red H440 version the moment it got released since I absolutely loved it's clean design.

Now I feel this itch to buy this new version(matte black finish, apparently better airflow and pwm controlled case fans)... damn my first world problems. 

3: Hmm.. Maybe.. You could buy the new one then sell the old one? Or make epic art with it! owo

Cases sell well on ebay I think, I mean it's not that often you get newer cases up for sale. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Cases sell well on ebay I think, I mean it's not that often you get newer cases up for sale. 

Definitely. Its actually a bit hard.

Moist

The body is the same size. The height increase is due to the panel on the top being thicker to allow more airflow. The same is true for the front panel. It looks like it is just a few centimeters

The front and top panel had tons of room for airflow already. Probably just had to find something else to change I guess.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Never even thought about that tbh... If I may ask, since I have no experience with ebay or the 2hand market in general.

What kind of % reduction in price is it reasonable to put a used case up for sale? I'm totally clueless tbh.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Never even thought about that tbh... If I may ask, since I have no experience with ebay or the 2hand market in general.

What kind of % reduction in price is it reasonable to put a used case up for sale? I'm totally clueless tbh.

I don't know really, try to find similar items. Also look at it from the buyer's perspective. Including the cost of shipping, would you buy yours over something new? 

muh specs 

All parts black