In need of headphones

Knaj

I just need some good headphones (over ear) that has good mic/I can put a v-moda boom mic or a mod mic on

Under $100 please, if it's seriously worth it I'll go up to $150

All I want is good sound and good bass, also make them closed back because I like to listen to music in class too and I don't want others hearing my music :P

ehem

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I just need some good headphones (over ear) that has good mic/I can put a v-moda boom mic or a mod mic on

Under $100 please, if it's seriously worth it I'll go up to $150

All I want is good sound and good bass, also make them closed back because I like to listen to music in class too and I don't want others hearing my music :P

ATH M50/M50x, or Beyerdynamic Custom Pro One

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

ATH M50/M50x, or Beyerdynamic Custom Pro One

The m50 are not worth the price. You pay almost 40$ more for something with a brand label on it, when you can get for that 40$ cheaper, something that sounds subjectively far better, and has clearer bass as the OP as requested.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

The m50 are not worth the price. You pay almost 40$ more for something with a brand label on it, when you can get for that 40$ cheaper, something that sounds subjectively far better, and has clearer bass as the OP as requested.

as opposed to?

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

If you want to be strict about your budget, OP, look at the Pioneer SE-A1000. I have a review in my signature, and many other forum members have reported good things about it.

as opposed to?

The M40X which is basically the same thing.

If you want to be strict about your budget, OP, look at the Pioneer SE-A1000. I have a review in my signature, and many other forum members have reported good things about it.

I find the M50x better with more base.

Have you actually owned these headphones?

I find the M50x better with more base.

Have you actually owned these headphones?

I have owned the SE-A1000 if that's what you mean.

I have owned the SE-A1000 if that's what you mean.

no I mean the M50x and M40x

I have not personally owned either. Have you?

I've had the M50 and the M40x,

I now own the M50x

I now own the M50x

Okay, so, is it feasible to you that someone might not prefer the M50X as you do?

Okay, so, is it feasible to you that someone might not prefer the M50X as you do?

OP says he wants bass,

M50X has more bass. 

stop recommending headphones you never had based on reviews you read somewhere online.

OP says he wants bass,

M50X has more bass.

stop recommending headphones you never had based on reviews you read somewhere online.

I can usually glean from a review, plus available FR graphs, what a headphone sounds like. Not owning a product doesn't mean someone is ignorant of its performance or features. It is hard for me to believe there is a $70 difference in bass response between the 40 and 50 X.

No need to be so hostile. We're all here to help. Admittedly I didn't clearly read the OP, so the SE-A1000 recommendation won't fly. However, at a price of $170, neither does the M50X fit into clearly posted requirements. Realistically, to fit in OP's preferred budget of a hundred bucks, we're all going to have to come up with some better options. Let's focus on that instead of flaming each other at, what is for me, 12:30 at night.

Furthermore, I wasn't recommending the 40X so much as answering a question in a manner I assumed the person you originally asked would answer. Forgive me for being so rude.

I can usually glean from a review, plus available FR graphs, what a headphone sounds like. Not owning a product doesn't mean someone is ignorant of its performance or features. It is hard for me to believe there is a $70 difference in bass response between the 40 and 50 X.

No need to be so hostile. We're all here to help. Admittedly I didn't clearly read the OP, so the SE-A1000 recommendation won't fly. However, at a price of $170, neither does the M50X fit into clearly posted requirements. Realistically, to fit in OP's preferred budget of a hundred bucks, we're all going to have to come up with some better options. Let's focus on that instead of flaming each other at, what is for me, 12:30 at night.

Furthermore, I wasn't recommending the 40X so much as answering a question in a manner I assumed the person you originally asked would answer. Forgive me for being so rude.

sorry,

this forum is just full of people recommending one thing over another without so much as having touched either of the products. 

snip...

What about the ath a700x?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I now own the M50x

Can you describe the differences between M50 and M50x or is it just a pure cosmetics?

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

sorry,

this forum is just full of people recommending one thing over another without so much as having touched either of the products.

Well one can not just recommend the products he put she owns, otherwise the forum would be in an eternal state of "I have this, get it"

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

What about the ath a700x?

Doesn't really qualify as a bassy headphone. OP may not truly know what he wants and it may be fine though.

HyperX Cloud is probably the best budget bassy option.*

* Opinion is the result of careful consideration of reviews and not first hand experience.  :rolleyes:

Can you describe the differences between M50 and M50x or is it just a pure cosmetics?

well the removable cabling makes the m50x more functional, and it comes with three cables. long straight, long coiled, and short straight. 

I have the blue model for the m50x and the leather is of better quality than the black model of the m50. 

sounds the same thou. 

I haven't heard you recommending those in a long while. Do you still have your pair?

I am just curious since those were actually my first pair of decent headphones, which I got from your recommendation that I found during a google search.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I haven't heard you recommending those in a long while. Do you still have your pair?

I am just curious since those were actually my first pair of decent headphones, which I got from your recommendation that I found during a google search.

No, gave it to a friend a while ago