Can I connect 2 monitors to a bluray player?

edgar101084

Are you thinking of getting that, or do you have it?  If you have it, why not just try and see if it works?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Your receiver only have one HDMI out, so without additional hardware the answer is no.

So, lets say I connect the receiver to 1 monitor, then I connect the other monitor to HDMI 2?

Will that work?

So, lets say I connect the receiver to 1 monitor, then I connect the other monitor to HDMI 2?

Will that work?

Not both at once, if I understand what you are describing correctly

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

The only way it will work is if you get an HDMI Splitter box. And you can only achieve a duplication; You won't be watching two different things. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Will that work?

It has multiple HDMI inputs but not outputs, therefor you can only do one at once, as @TDP_Equinox mentioned your only option for content on both screens would be a splitter but you couldn't have two different outs puts on the monitors.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

The only way it will work is if you get an HDMI Splitter box. And you can only achieve a duplication; You won't be watching two different things.

So with a HDMI splitter box, I can watch Netflix on both monitors

So with a HDMI splitter box, I can watch Netflix on both monitors

yes, the same movie 

They are probably not cheap

what, HDMI splitters?  Never looked, but I would guess that actually they are

Not quite, I think that's the opposite.  That thing takes in 2 inputs and lets you see one or the other on one screen.  You want (if I'm correct) to take one output and see the same thing on two screens at once, right?

Not quite, I think that's the opposite. That thing takes in 2 inputs and lets you see one or the other on one screen. You want (if I'm correct) to take one output and see the same thing on two screens at once, right?

Yes Sir!

What u recommend ?

Yes Sir!

What u recommend ?

You'll need a splitter, not a switch.  I'll do a quick search and see what I can find

Update: OK, I don't recommend this specific product since apparently this can only have one output on at a time, but something like this is what you need: http://www.amazon.ca/HDMI-Splitter-Peyou%C2%AE-Female-Adapter/dp/B00X3SX6XE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1444098440&sr=1-2&keywords=hdmi+splitters

Now, I do have to bring up something else though.  Bluray players have a kind of DRM in them that they can detect what kind of display they are connected to, and only will output to "certified" displays.  This (in theory) prevents them from playing into a recorder, for example.  I mention this because it may become a problem when trying to split, since it could confuse that technology and make the player not want to output to either display.

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

You'll need a splitter, not a switch. I'll do a quick search and see what I can find

OK thanks

You'll need a splitter, not a switch. I'll do a quick search and see what I can find

Update: OK, I don't recommend this specific product since apparently this can only have one output on at a time, but something like this is what you need: http://www.amazon.ca/HDMI-Splitter-Peyou%C2%AE-Female-Adapter/dp/B00X3SX6XE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1444098440&sr=1-2&keywords=hdmi+splitters

Now, I do have to bring up something else though. Bluray players have a kind of DRM in them that they can detect what kind of display they are connected to, and only will output to "certified" displays. This (in theory) prevents them from playing into a recorder, for example. I mention this because it may become a problem when trying to split, since it could confuse that technology and make the player not want to output to either display.

http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/product/details/8204

Update: OK, I don't recommend this specific product since apparently this can only have one output on at a time, but something like this is what you need: http://www.amazon.ca/HDMI-Splitter-Peyou%C2%AE-Female-Adapter/dp/B00X3SX6XE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1444098440&sr=1-2&keywords=hdmi+splitters

Now, I do have to bring up something else though. Bluray players have a kind of DRM in them that they can detect what kind of display they are connected to, and only will output to "certified" displays. This (in theory) prevents them from playing into a recorder, for example. I mention this because it may become a problem when trying to split, since it could confuse that technology and make the player not want to output to either display.

I have 2 LG 34" um95 monitors

I have 2 LG 34" um95 monitors

What I'm worried about is the splitter - even if those displays are certified (which I don't know they may not be) having the splitter in the path might confuse the Bluray player.  Nothing's for sure but it's just my gut instinct, since DRM tends to be a pain more than it is seamless.

But that monoprice thing seems to be the right type of device.  Though I can't promise anything

What I'm worried about is the splitter - even if those displays are certified (which I don't know they may not be) having the splitter in the path might confuse the Bluray player. Nothing's for sure but it's just my gut instinct, since DRM tends to be a pain more than it is seamless.

But that monoprice thing seems to be the right type of device. Though I can't promise anything

So when I go to my local Walmart and ask for a HDMI splitter, is there something specific I should ask?

So when I go to my local Walmart and ask for a HDMI splitter, is there something specific I should ask?

Just make sure they know you need to take in 1 input and want to drive 2 outputs simultaneously with the same image.  Yo do not need a switch, which would take 2 or more inputs and give one output.

And if the person there can suggest one guaranteed to work with a bluray player, fantastic! (But I doubt anyone there has the expertise for that)

Just make sure they know you need to take in 1 input and want to drive 2 outputs simultaneously with the same image. Yo do not need a switch, which would take 2 or more inputs and give one output.

And if the person there can suggest one guaranteed to work with a bluray player, fantastic! (But I doubt anyone there has the expertise for that)

Hahaha, thanks for your help!

Hahaha, thanks for your help!

no problem

It will probably not work because of hdcp, residential blu ray player rarely supports more than one monitor even thru a splitter or video distribution system

It will probably not work because of hdcp, residential blu ray player rarely supports more than one monitor even thru a splitter or video distribution system

That was my concern, but I guess it's easy enough to try this and take it back if it doesn't work