fallout 3 bug

Tomic

yes fallout 3 is old but help plz 

when i get to vault 87 i get the geck and go to the room where your ambushed by the enclave two big gus come in and say "target is secure boss" or something then nothing hapens i just lay there with two enclave guys help please

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

This is why you NEVER have a single save in FO/ES

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

@Nexxus bit late for me

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

I think there is an unofficial patch mod for Fallout 3. Try them out. They might fix the bug.

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

I think there is an unofficial patch mod for Fallout 3. Try them out. They might fix the bug.

Be VERY careful of this. Most of the patches said to fix issues like this are riddled with viruses, even on Steam.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Be VERY careful of this. Most of the patches said to fix issues like this are riddled with viruses, even on Steam.

What unofficial patches are you downloading? I've downloaded the patches unofficial patches for skyrim, fallout 3, fallout new vegas and oblivion and i've never got a virus. I was downloading from nexusmods, so maybe the community there is better.

What unofficial patches are you downloading? I've downloaded the patches unofficial patches for skyrim, fallout 3, fallout new vegas and oblivion and i've never got a virus. I was downloading from nexusmods, so maybe the community there is better.

There are some patches off of the Steam Workshop that are advertised through the Fallout 3 forum on Steam that are nasty. I ran into them when looking for a cure for Fallout 3 on Windows 10. I never downloaded them but there are plenty of warnings about them.

There are some patches off of the Steam Workshop that are advertised through the Fallout 3 forum on Steam that are nasty. I ran into them when looking for a cure for Fallout 3 on Windows 10. I never downloaded them but there are plenty of warnings about them.

ok, that's why I've never heard of them, I haven't ever used the steam workshop for modding bethesda games. That's good to know, one less reason for me to use the workshop

ok, that's why I've never heard of them, I haven't ever used the steam workshop for modding bethesda games. That's good to know, one less reason for me to use the workshop

Again, this isn't in the workshop, it's linked in the games page on Steam. You get a warning when you click on the link that you're leaving Steam.

The Workshop is free, unlike the Nexus so you do have to be careful though. (before you say it, you have to pay to use the Nexus for free, I know this because I tried to use the Nexus before using the Workshop.)

Again, this isn't in the workshop, it's linked in the games page on Steam. You get a warning when you click on the link that you're leaving Steam.

The Workshop is free, unlike the Nexus so you do have to be careful though. (before you say it, you have to pay to use the Nexus for free, I know this because I tried to use the Nexus before using the Workshop.)

Nexus is free, unless you count ads as payment. Only after about 3 years of use, this summer, did I actually pay because I got tired of shitty video ads and because I felt the like $2 ad free supporter tier was worth it.

The only payments for nexus are a few bucks for no ads permanently, or various premium upgrades(monthly or a one time larger payment) to uncap bandwidth from 1MBPS.

Also what warnings? Actual warnings from people stating something IS harmful, or just the generic warning steam gives whenever a link leads to any non-whitelisted website?

Nexus is free, unless you count ads as payment. Only after about 3 years of use, this summer, did I actually pay because I got tired of shitty video ads and because I felt the like $2 ad free supporter tier was worth it.

The only payments for nexus are a few bucks for no ads permanently, or various premium upgrades(monthly or a one time larger payment) to uncap bandwidth from 1MBPS.

Also what warnings? Actual warnings from people stating something IS harmful, or just the generic warning steam gives whenever a link leads to any non-whitelisted website?

Not free. You have to pay to use Nexus. I wanted to download a mod but you have to use a credit card to open an account and pay 2-3usd.(forget the exact amount) That's why I use the Workshop, it's free and no credit card needed. Well, I guess you need a credit card for Steam so that's not fair.

I'll provide a link so as to avoid further confusion.

The patch. http://www.mediafire.com/download/3748h9l3uj1lbwj/FallOut3_Fixer.exe

Nexus not being free. (note there is no free option to create an account) http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register

Not free. You have to pay to use Nexus. I wanted to download a mod but you have to use a credit card to open an account and pay 2-3usd.(forget the exact amount) That's why I use the Workshop, it's free and no credit card needed. Well, I guess you need a credit card for Steam so that's not fair.

I'll provide a link so as to avoid further confusion.

The patch. http://www.mediafire.com/download/3748h9l3uj1lbwj/FallOut3_Fixer.exe

Nexus not being free. (note there is no free option to create an account) http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register

OK I'm blaming the nexus for this not you, but you are wrong. Read that box above the options "If you do not want to buy Premium Membership simply skip this step by pressing "Create Account" at the bottom of the page.", definitely easy to over look. When it comes to mods its RTFM indeed...

I can't say anything for that file though. Personally I've never had to do anything to make FO3 work on windows 7/10 other than the cpu core ini tweak. All I can recommend is do your due diligence; if unsure check around where you found the link and see if the file/s are still being questioned as safe or not.

OK I'm blaming the nexus for this not you, but you are wrong. Read that box above the options "If you do not want to buy Premium Membership simply skip this step by pressing "Create Account" at the bottom of the page.", definitely easy to over look. When it comes to mods its RTFM indeed...

DUDE!!!! You're awesome, I mean that! I'll name a Fallout 4 build after you for this. Might even make it my second playthrough, I am that pleased.

You can use the console "~" to restart/reset the quest. A quick google search of "fallout 3 console commands" should give you the info you need to do so.

This will likely screw up the steam achievments (pretty sure any console command does), so be aware of that!

The unoficial patch might work, but considering the quest line has already stalled and you don't have another save, I doubt that will do the trick.

DUDE!!!! You're awesome, I mean that! I'll name a Fallout 4 build after you for this. Might even make it my second playthrough, I am that pleased.

Thats nice to hear. :)

I don't generally disagree with how they operate the nexus, but that seems a bit much. Now I could just be remembering wrong, but I could've sworn it used to take you directly to the page to fill out details(name, pass). Understandable they get a ton of traffic and costs are indeed quite high, but that seems a bit too strong in pressuring new users to support directly.