Can I run 3 270x's over a SLI?

owen.fitzpatrick

I currently have 1 270x and my friend, who has a 270x is upgrading, there is another one on Ebay for $40 AUD.

So for around $100 AUD I can get 3 270x's, does a SLI configuration work with 3 mid-range cards.

Yes. 

>Inb4 it's XFire, not SLI when it's the same thing, but with a different name.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Yes. 

actually its different if you look at the scaling because Xfire has better scaling then sli

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

that 40 AUD dollar doesn't sound real... be warry 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

I currently have 1 270x and my friend, who has a 270x is upgrading, there is another one on Ebay for $40 AUD.

So for around $100 AUD I can get 3 270x's, does a SLI configuration work with 3 mid-range cards.

V RAM may be a limitation unless you have the 4g cards.

actually its different if you look at the scaling because Xfire has better scaling then sli

It's just more efficient at scaling. Personally, I recommend OP sells his cards and buys a better, single GPU.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

Yes. 

Except if OP looks for an SLI bridge, they're going to be disappointed when it doesn't work.

giphy.gif

270X only have one finger meaning only 2 way crossfire.

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

I always wanted to run 3 way 270X hawks

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

It's just more efficient at scaling. Personally, I recommend OP sells his cards and buys a better, single GPU.

Say I get $100 for my 270x (which is unlikely) I have $200, which can get me a 4gb 370.

For those of you saying its Xfire not SLI:

I forgot the name of AMDs scaleable linking interface (what SLI stands for).

Say I get $100 for my 270x (which is unlikely) I have $200, which can get me a 4gb 370.

For those of you saying its Xfire not SLI:

I forgot the name of AMDs scaleable linking interface (what SLI stands for).

Sell the 270Xs, use the 40 USD that you were going to spend, source some extra cash from somewhere, and buy a 380.

The 270X PCB/Pitcairn GPU only has 1 crossfire connection on the top of the card so you're limited to a 2 way crossfire setup.

Thank you, it's a SLI, I'm not wrong. Fuck crossfire, that's a shit name.

EDIT: If this sounds hostile, it's not.

Thank you, it's a SLI, I'm not wrong. Fuck crossfire, that's a shit name.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't true.

"Scalable Link Interface (SLI) is a brand name for a multi-GPU technology developed by NVIDIA for linking two or more video cards together to produce a single output."

"AMD CrossFireX (previously known as CrossFire) is a brand name for the multi-GPU solution by Advanced Micro Devices, originally developed by ATI Technologies."

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Sell the 270Xs, use the 40 USD that you were going to spend, source some extra cash from somewhere, and buy a 380.

40AUD, worth about 20USD when buying computer parts. A 4gb 380 costs $330 and a 2gb costs $280 I have $100 to spend, get $50 for the 270x (I only have 1, have to buy 1 off eBay and 1 off a friend) so I would spend over double my budget, not going to happen.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't true.

"Scalable Link Interface (SLI) is a brand name for a multi-GPU technology developed by NVIDIA for linking two or more video cards together to produce a single output."

"AMD CrossFireX (previously known as CrossFire) is a brand name for the multi-GPU solution by Advanced Micro Devices, originally developed by ATI Technologies."

It's a SLI, not SLI. Crossfire is still a bad name IMO.

The 370 is weaker than the 270X so that'd be a bad plan.

thats what I was implying.

40AUD, worth about 20USD when buying computer parts. A 4gb 380 costs $330 and a 2gb costs $280 I have $100 to spend, get $50 for the 270x (I only have 1, have to buy 1 off eBay and 1 off a friend) so I would spend over double my budget, not going to happen.

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Dissipation-Display-Graphics-R9-380P-F24M/dp/B00ZFND0RM/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1444056903&sr=1-5&keywords=r9+380&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A6066316011

Single 380 is a downgrade from 2x 270Xs... it's only like 25% faster than a single 270X.

thats almost $300 AUD before $50 shipping.

EDIT: I don't think you people from the US realise how expensive computer parts are in the rest of the world.