100i fans constantly at 100%

Roodoo
Go to solution Solved by ExcitezR,

plug the CPU fans in to the mobo instead of the pump and use the bios to change the speed 

Maximus vi gene

H100i GTX

EVGA GTX 980

I've had this setup for a while now working flawlessly, i even had my CPU overclocked with no problems. But today when i got home and turned it on the two fans on the radiator were just going ham and i got a CPU Fan error! and couldn't boot. Looking in my Bios the CPU temperature kept climbing steadily. i restarted got the fan error again but my temps stayed at 25C and wouldn't move and the fans where still going full blast. i turned the CPU fan warning limit to ignore and loaded default settings and i could boot but my radiator fans are still in mig-29 mode.

CorsairLink is useless too, changing it from performance to quiet mode or vice versa doesn't do anything nor does the switch on the front of my case which used to control the fan speeds. the fan and pump seem to be working as my desk is freezing right now but they just wont shut up.

http://imgur.com/waXiB5b

What is your voltage at? 

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

plug the CPU fans in to the mobo instead of the pump and use the bios to change the speed 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

I gave up using Corsair link due to issues like this.

I really don't think it's a good piece of software.

It constantly (for me anyway) caused issues like this.

I have had better results since uninstalling it and just leaving it to manage the fan speed itself.

They run at a constant acceptable RPM without me touching anything (they are plugged into the H100i pump).

Try uninstalling link and see if it fixes the issue.

Then reinstall link and set it up how you want it, and see what happens.

My guess is it's link causing the issues.

Hope this helps :)

So your fans are connected to the pump? why dont you plug them directly to the motherboard? then you can control the fan speeds easily

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1

I gave up using Corsair link due to issues like this.

I really don't think it's a good piece of software.

It constantly (for me anyway) caused issues like this.

I have had better results since uninstalling it and just leaving it to manage the fan speed itself.

They run at a constant acceptable RPM without me touching anything (they are plugged into the H100i pump).

Try uninstalling link and see if it fixes the issue.

Then reinstall link and set it up how you want it, and see what happens.

My guess is it's link causing the issues.

Hope this helps :)

This, Corsair Link is 100% trash. Best uninstalling exercise I've ever had. Plug the fans into the board and see if you can control them from there :)

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

uninstall that program. that is the solution, use bios to control fan speeds.

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

I uninstalled Corsairlink and plugged my fans into the mobo and its quiet again but i still need to have the fan speed limit set to ignore to boot into windows.

i had it set to 600rpm, by default, for almost a year with no problems so its kind of bothering me. Why would it suddenly start doing this?

And do i still need the USB running from my pump to my mobo now that i don't use Corsair link?