Corsair Hydro Series H80 Review

Jippy

This closed loop water cooler is pretty well known, but I decided to put in my opinion to help some of you decide whether or not this is the cooler for you. So here we go..

I bought the H80 from Newegg when they had a $7.00 coupon code about 2 or 3 weeks ago, it was refurbished however I have yet to see any signs of it being refurbished. The price was about $97.00 so not too much, but enough so you know you're getting a good CPU cooler, along with the fact that it's Corsair.

I guess let's go into the Pros and Cons of this CPU cooler, let's start with the Cons.

Cons

- Stock Fans are Extremely Loud

- Pretty Big, and Doesn't Leave Much Room.

Let me explain myself, I haven't got around to buying quieter fans yet, because it's just not in the budget, but since this is a LinusTechTips forum NF-F12's.. enough said. ;)

My build is in a Corsair 200r and with the H80 radiator mounted on the back fan slot it doesn't leave much room between my CPU and the radiator so mounting the cooler onto the CPU is a pretty tight squeeze, but it is possible.

Pros

- Easy to install (aside from the room, or lack thereof it's extremely straight forward)

- Keeps CPU Cool (haven't seen the temps go over 45 degrees Celsius, although I haven't done too much stress testing)

Not much explaining to do here, other than the fact that the performance of the cooler is  to me, the most important factor when buying components, because, if it doesn't work good, what's the use of it?

For most enthusiasts this product will get overlooked for H100i's or their own water cooling system, but for someone that doesn't have too much room in their case, and wants a good cooler to overclock with, the H80 is a great option.

Hopefully someone finds this helpful, thanks for reading!

My System For Reference: 

Intel Core i5 3570k

8gb Corsair Vengeance RAM

1TB HDD

EVGA GTX 660

Corsair 200r

I thought the fans that came with the cooler were SP120 OEM's. They shouldn't be so loud :(

Or was it the H80i?

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Unfortunately they're not, I'm not sure what fans they are, they seem to be stock Corsair fans.

Unless they are SP120's just not in the red/blue colours, but I don't see anything advertising that they are SP120's.