Win 10 keeps crashing/freezing up since upgrade

Hello Ladies and Gentleman after quite some time and now a slowly settling feeling of helplessness I come to this forum.

Basically I had Windows 7 for quite some time and everything worked fine, than a little more than a 2 months ago, I upgraded to windows 10. Since than I have seemingly random crashes that happen every 1-6 hours. There are two kinds:
1) The Screen and sound freezes up and it just keeps playing the last played sound like some crazy noise until I hard reset the PC. (80% of the time)
2) Sudden black screen and PC simply restarts by itself (20% of the time)

Both of those cashes happen seemingly random, sometimes its in the middle of a game, sometimes its while writing a text file or watching a Youtube video. It also happens when its just sitting in idle but only after I interact with it using the mouse or keyboard.

I tried letting it sit in idle with the screen off playing endless music (to check if he has crashed or not) and after about 12 hours when I moved the mouse to wake up the screen it instantly crashed again.
And neither of them say anything special within the windows Event Viewer except:

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 23.09.2015 21:27:13
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (35184372088832),(2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: XXX
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Which is from me hitting the reset button.

So far I have tried uninstalling the Nvidia drivers with DDU and installing them again.
I did so with 355.60, 355.80, and 355.98 no change what so ever.
I also tried downgrading to 353.62, 353.30 and 353.06. In this versions is does install the drivers but deactivates the GPU in the device manager and only lists it as
Error code (some nummber): Device does not work right and has been stopped. (or something similar don't have the screenshot right now)

Edit: I managed to install some older drivers 350.12 and 352.84 that seemed to work but it still crashed in under 2 hours.

I also updated everything about the maindboard including drivers and firmware.
Also undid every kind of overclocking of the CPU (never overclocked the gpu btw)

I also tried starting the PC in safe boot with all programs deactivated and changed or unplugged any kind of hardware I had, no change. Still crashes every 1-6 hours.

Using my old backup Windows 7 works fine (with updated nvidia drivers and without).
Using an Unix OS works fine.
And using windows 10 without nvidia drivers installed or with deactivated GPU also works without any crashes but obviously I can't do anything graphic heavy that way.

I also tried the reset function in the windows 10 settings menu to simulate a clean install, It crashed before I could Install a antivirus...

Anyone else having similar problems with Win10 and/or maybe a solution?

Thanks in advance!

------------
Specs:
CPU Type: HexaCore Intel Core i7-5820K, 3400 MHz (34 x 100)
Motherboard Name: MSI X99S SLI Plus (MS-7885)
System Memory: 16278 MB (DDR4-2400 DDR4 SDRAM)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970

PSU: Termaltake TR2 800W

i've had similar weird behavour, but only when my CPU was OC'ed. 

The thing i don't get is, an OC from 3.5 to 3.6GHz causes random crashes as often as my stable (win7) OC at 4.5GHz.

for now i'm running at stock speeds, but i might seen check if an update has fixed the issue, as there's no point in running stock speeds on a 4690k :P

When in doubt: C4