Help the Noob! - Controlling other Clients

Go to solution Solved by FabulousOtter,

Whaler explains how to configure the client for remote access here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1091-linustechtips-folding-team-faq-updated-july-2013/?p=437248

Hi!

I've been folding on my PC for a bit now, but I just got a laptop and want to fold on that as well.

Problem is, I don't know how to fold on the laptop while controlling it from my PC. I want to be able to control the laptop's client, because I want to keep the laptop screen off to save power. Also, the client on my laptop is not folding properly >.< It says running, but it's not folding. 

Please help the Noobie (Me!)!

Notes that may help:

They are both using the latest version of F@H

Both W7 machines 

On same network

Edited by MetalLobster

I think teamviewer might work but ive never tried it on the same network.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Win 7 Professional and Ultimate have a built in remote desktop otherwise teamveiwer works fine

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I think teamviewer might work but ive never tried it on the same network.

it works even better on the same network

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Whaler explains how to configure the client for remote access here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1091-linustechtips-folding-team-faq-updated-july-2013/?p=437248

^This. It's always better imo to use something built into the client, even if teamviewer is a good program.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

How did I not see that part of the FAQ. Thanks everyone for your support! 

That is mostly for "monitoring" the other client, which is probably all you need. To remotely manage it, use teamviewer or VNC. DO NOT ever use the RDP client - that actually creates a virtual session which clients your folding...

Something else to add to the FAQ :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99