Over clocking issues Please help.

Ok, starters. I tried to over clock my AMD FX 8320 to 4.0Gz. I have an ASUS Mobo. I went into the bios and first I made it to a DOCP setting, bump my CPU to 4.2gz and tried to bump my RAM from the default mobo speed (1333hz) to it's normal speed (1600hz) and bump the CPU. Got a BOSD (memory management) after I tried to install that Aida64. So I went into the bios and made it from DOCP to manual. Change the Memory speed to auto (1333hz) and bump the speed down to 4.0gz. I ran a test for bout 10 minutes. Seem stable for a while and ran a few programs like Second Life and 3D modeling program. Firefox was having an issue by crashing randomly. Tryin to figure out what is causing it. I went into uninsall and got the BSOD once again, same one.  I did a memory test to see anythin is wrong and Windows came up none. So I don't kno if I'm stable now, since I uninsall Aida64 just now. I am kind of freakin out. D:

ASUS M5A99FX

FX 8320

32GB of 1600hz G.Skill Ripjaws X (DDR3-1600 PC3-12800)

Fire Tail: CPU - Intel 7700k. MOBO - MSI M5 Gaming Z270

RAM - G.Skill RipJaws V 2x8GB (16GB). GPU - MSI 1070 Gaming X

Editing Rig: CPU - AMD Ryzen 3900x with NZTX Krackenx240. MOBO - MSI ACE MEG Z570

RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (16GBx2) 3200hz. GPU - MSI Gaming Trio 2070 Super

After I posted this thread, FireFox just crashed randomly. So I am doin a system recovering from the last point and will reset the bios back to default... I hope that works... Unless someone have any other idea

Editing Rig: CPU - AMD Ryzen 3900x with NZTX Krackenx240. MOBO - MSI ACE MEG Z570

Testing an overclock for 10 min. is not enough. I usually test for 48 hours and I recommend a minimum of 24 hours of testing.

I'll tackle this in two parts.

RAM

When you went in to change the speed of the RAM did you also change the timings? The speed and the timings need to matched, else the system will be unstable.

You can find the timings on the lable on the side of the RAM sticks.

CPU

Did you raise the voltage when you upped the clock speed? 

It sounds like your overclock is unstable and to stabilize it you need to raise the VCore.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Testing an overclock for 10 min. is not enough. I usually test for 48 hours and I recommend a minimum of 24 hours of testing.

I'll tackle this in two parts.

RAM

When you went in to change the speed of the RAM did you also change the timings? The speed and the timings need to matched, else the system will be unstable.

You can find the timings on the lable on the side of the RAM sticks.

CPU

Did you raise the voltage when you upped the clock speed? 

It sounds like your overclock is unstable and to stabilize it you need to raise the VCore.

CPU

I did a quick test since a lot of people already said that 4.0gz for the CPU is stable and also that is the "AMD trubo mode" speed. I had plans on doing real world tests, like playin some of the games I have. Over heating isn't an issue since the highest I got was 40~C. I have CPU Spread Spectrum disable, Everythin regards to voltage is set to auto. The HPC mode is disable. Cool 'n' quite enable, C1E enable, SUM enale, Apm Master Mode enable. VRM Spread Spectrum is disable. I can put down more of the settin though the advance mode of my BIOS .

RAM

I either l left it auto, or kept it at the default timing. Everythin regards of the ram is set to Auto. Pretty much default setting now. Right now, the speed is still 1333mhz

Current CPU Speed: 4000mhz

Target CPU Speed: 4000mhz

Current Memory Frequence: 1333mhz

Current NB Frequence: 2200mhz

Current HT Link Speed: 2600mhz

CPU

I did a quick test since a lot of people already said that 4.0gz for the CPU is stable and also that is the "AMD trubo mode" speed. I had plans on doing real world tests, like playin some of the games I have. Over heating isn't an issue since the highest I got was 40~C. I have CPU Spread Spectrum disable, Everythin regards to voltage is set to auto. The HPC mode is disable. Cool 'n' quite enable, C1E enable, SUM enale, Apm Master Mode enable. VRM Spread Spectrum is disable. I can put down more of the settin though the advance mode of my BIOS .

RAM

I either l left it auto, or kept it at the default timing. Everythin regards of the ram is set to Auto. Pretty much default setting now. Right now, the speed is still 1333mhz

Current CPU Speed: 4000mhz

Target CPU Speed: 4000mhz

Current Memory Frequence: 1333mhz

Current NB Frequence: 2200mhz

Current HT Link Speed: 2600mhz

Leaving your settings on auto isn't always recommended. 

While the ´Auto´ setting is great for running everything at stock speed, it sometimes fails when you want to run things out of spec. 

Does AMD Turbo Core disable itself when you got overclocked the CPU? Or is it necessary for overcloking just like Intel Turbo Boost?

Becuase it it isn't necessary, there is a good change that the CPU overclocked itslef further than the 4GHz you set it to. 

Games aren't really a good way to stress test CPU overclocks, since most of them are GPU bound rather than CPU bound.

Using a program like AIDA6 or Prime95 is a much better way of stress testing it.

Leaving your settings on auto isn't always recommended. 

While the ´Auto´ setting is great for running everything at stock speed, it sometimes fails when you want to run things out of spec. 

Does AMD Turbo Core disable itself when you got overclocked the CPU? Or is it necessary for overcloking just like Intel Turbo Boost?

Becuase it it isn't necessary, there is a good change that the CPU overclocked itslef further than the 4GHz you set it to. 

Games aren't really a good way to stress test CPU overclocks, since most of them are GPU bound rather than CPU bound.

Using a program like AIDA6 or Prime95 is a much better way of stress testing it.

Some of the threads and videos I watched. They said to disable AMD trubo core, and no. It doesn't auto disable. You have to disable it yourself.. That is what I understand. I think it is like the Intel version. I tried to follow the steps from other people that manage to overclock their FX8320 and tried to mimic their setting... I am kind of new to this over clocking while at the same time, hoping I cna push my CPU close, if not over, it's big brother (FX8350) with the new Coolermaster Evo cooler. I am just nervous I might fried somethin on my computer.

Some of the threads and videos I watched. They said to disable AMD trubo core, and no. It doesn't auto disable. You have to disable it yourself.. That is what I understand. I think it is like the Intel version. I tried to follow the steps from other people that manage to overclock their FX8320 and tried to mimic their setting... I am kind of new to this over clocking while at the same time, hoping I cna push my CPU close, if not over, it's big brother (FX8350) with the new Coolermaster Evo cooler. I am just nervous I might fried somethin on my computer.

If you haven't touched the volltage there isn't any risk of anything being fried. 

BSODs happen and they don't cause any harm to the hardware. 

If AMD Turbo Core is off than that is just fine. Just leave it off. 

Mimicking the settings from other people is only a start. CPU aren't born equal unfortunatly. Everytime you buy a CPU or GPU it is refered to as playing the silicone lottery due to this inequality.

What I can recommend you doing is this:

• Return everything to stock settings.
  • Ensure that you PC is stable
  • Raise the CPU clock speed with 100Mhz
  • Test for stability (just do a short-ish test)
  • Raise the CPU clock again
  • Repeat untill the CPU gets unstable.
  • Then you add a bit of VCore at the time untill the CPU is stable. 

Here is a video guide

If you haven't touched the volltage there isn't any risk of anything being fried. 

BSODs happen and they don't cause any harm to the hardware. 

If AMD Turbo Core is off than that is just fine. Just leave it off. 

Mimicking the settings from other people is only a start. CPU aren't born equal unfortunatly. Everytime you buy a CPU or GPU it is refered to as playing the silicone lottery due to this inequality.

What I can recommend you doing is this:

• Return everything to stock settings.
  • Ensure that you PC is stable
  • Raise the CPU clock speed with 100Mhz
  • Test for stability (just do a short-ish test)
  • Raise the CPU clock again
  • Repeat untill the CPU gets unstable.
  • Then you add a bit of VCore at the time untill the CPU is stable. 

Here is a video guide

I reseted everythin back to "opitimized default" and most likey stay as default for a while before following the steps of that video again. Never thought Overclocking was this of a pain, but then again... Puttin an aftermarket cooler on my build was a pain too... x-x I'm just still nervous of the health of my build.. Seeing that BSOD three times, the memory mangament one, just makes me crap my pants. x.x

So far, it is stable, after an hour with default bios setting and Firefox hasn't crashed yet. Reason why the time gap. Wanted to relax and let my computer relax as well. I haven't ran anythin heavy yet to completely make sure it is stable. By seein how the BSOD were poppin up when runnin a few light programs (ie: Firefox, Skype)

Did notice that the Core Temp Program. It has my CPU going at 3.7gz with 1.4125v. I am assuming that is the AMD turbo going (With a mutipler of x18.5)?