2000$ Gaming and some Editing PC Build!!!

GamerGuy
Go to solution Solved by CornOnJacob,

Your helping so much :D, So your saying that if i have the moneh then i should upgrade to a GTX 780 am i right? If yes can you find the right model in http://pcpartpicker.com for me please? :) since there are some. but i heard it is better to go with 2 PowerColor Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Cards then going for one gtx 780, is that correct?

Short Answer:

Performance-- Crossfired 7970s* > 9970** > 780 > 7970

*If a game has bad Crossfire scaling, then the second card won't do much good. If a game doesn't support Crossfire at all (although 99% of AAA games do), then the second card will do nothing.

**The 9970 is obviously not out yet, so this is an estimate.

Long Answer:

If you have the money, follow the short answer to get the best performance. If you have the patience to wait for an unreleased card and don't want to deal with the possibility of bad Crossfire scaling, get the 9970. If you can't wait but also can't pay for two cards, get the 780.

Powercolor is one of the lesser known/used brands, so I'm not familiar with their customer service. I have, however, heard great things about XFX. I would recommend this card with their custom cooler. It's cheaper than many other 7970s, but has a good reputation. I don't know what games currently come with Never Settle, so you should look that up.

EDIT: Masfiras is right, and I didn't mention that. Keep Sony Vegas compatibility in mind.

Thanks, edited my build :)

The reason I did not recommend a 7990 is that it costs $700. The single 7970 costs $335 (with a $30 rebate). If you buy it while Newegg still offers the rebate, you'd save money with two separate cards. 

I've been researching  a lot and in some places i found that win7 is better for gaming and on others i found that win8 is better (Based on FPS)

What do you think i should go with?

WoodenMarker is right. Windows 8 should give you better minimum fps, but it isn't a big enough difference to be a real deciding factor. Once Windows 8.1 comes out and you can boot straight to the desktop, the experience should be better. It is scheduled to release October 17th.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

The reason I did not recommend a 7990 is that it costs $700. The single 7970 costs $335 (with a $30 rebate). If you buy it while Newegg still offers the rebate, you'd save money with two separate cards. 

WoodenMarker is right. Windows 8 should give you better minimum fps, but it isn't a big enough difference to be a real deciding factor. Once Windows 8.1 comes out and you can boot straight to the desktop, the experience should be better. It is scheduled to release October 17th.

If i will get win8 now will i need to buy 8.1 again later? or will i install it from like a site?

hi

Is the 4770K better or same then the 4670K for Games? I prefer more preformence game wise.

4670K would be just fine for gaming, but then again it's up to you for the other 4 threads. 

CPU: Ryzen 7-3700x 4.4GHz, MB: ASUS PRIME B450M-AGPU: SAPPHIRE RX 590, RAM: 16GB Corsair 3200MHz, SSD: 480GB Kingston HDD: 2TB WD Green, CHASSIS: CoolerMaster HAF 912, PSU: CoolerMaster Thunder 700W, COOLERHyper 212 Black Edition

If i will get win8 now will i need to buy 8.1 again later? or will i install it from like a site?

It will be given for free to anyone with windows 8. Think of it like a service pack or update through Windows Update--It should download, install, and after a reboot, work just fine.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/