2000$ Gaming and some Editing PC Build!!!

GamerGuy
Go to solution Solved by CornOnJacob,

Your helping so much :D, So your saying that if i have the moneh then i should upgrade to a GTX 780 am i right? If yes can you find the right model in http://pcpartpicker.com for me please? :) since there are some. but i heard it is better to go with 2 PowerColor Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Cards then going for one gtx 780, is that correct?

Short Answer:

Performance-- Crossfired 7970s* > 9970** > 780 > 7970

*If a game has bad Crossfire scaling, then the second card won't do much good. If a game doesn't support Crossfire at all (although 99% of AAA games do), then the second card will do nothing.

**The 9970 is obviously not out yet, so this is an estimate.

Long Answer:

If you have the money, follow the short answer to get the best performance. If you have the patience to wait for an unreleased card and don't want to deal with the possibility of bad Crossfire scaling, get the 9970. If you can't wait but also can't pay for two cards, get the 780.

Powercolor is one of the lesser known/used brands, so I'm not familiar with their customer service. I have, however, heard great things about XFX. I would recommend this card with their custom cooler. It's cheaper than many other 7970s, but has a good reputation. I don't know what games currently come with Never Settle, so you should look that up.

EDIT: Masfiras is right, and I didn't mention that. Keep Sony Vegas compatibility in mind.

Hello again guys,

Again this build will be used for gaming mostly and some editing :)

Well this build will be a mainly Gaming build but i will be editing for youtube a little, i will be rending on sony vegas and uploading videos. I am aiming for 1080p max settings with good fps (Over 60) on any game i will throw on it  :)

My parts so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1rVi5 (Please answer the questions down below)

How is this for gaming at 1080p? Should i change to a GTX 780 with the extra cash? Or get a second PowerColor Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card so i would have 2? Is this good enough? 

Thanks in advance!

hi

That QUADPOST :o

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

-Added and upgraded some parts

hi

oops quad sorry bad pc xD How do i delete them?

hi

oops quad sorry bad pc xD How do i delete them?

Just report it to a mod. You can't delete anything yourself.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Just report it to a mod. You can't delete anything yourself.

I can't get banned for this right? )~;

hi

lol:D u are better then me

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I can't get banned for this right? )~;

yes u can get banned for this, dont redo it

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

yes u can get banned for this, dont redo it

As i said, i did it by mistake what happened was when i pressed post it took a long time to load so i pressed it many times and this is what happened :(

hi

As i said, i did it by mistake what happened was when i pressed post it took a long time to load so i pressed it many times and this is what happened :(

Don't worry,  the mods here are really good. They'll understand--just don't do it again. (Even if you did you will probably only get a warning point, not outright banned).

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Don't worry,  the mods here are really good. They'll understand--just don't do it again. (Even if you did you will probably only get a warning point, not outright banned.

Thanks for making that clear now can we meanwhile use this post to 'help' me since im kinda short on time ;) thx

hi

Thanks for making that clear now can we meanwhile use this post to 'help' me since im kinda short on time ;) thx

help with what?

help with what?

Hello again guys,

Again this build will be used for gaming mostly and some editing  :)

Well this build will be a mainly Gaming build but i will be editing for youtube a little, i will be rending on sony vegas and uploading videos. I am aiming for 1080p max settings with good fps (Over 60) on any game i will throw on it   :)

My parts so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1rVi5 (Please answer the questions down below)

How is this for gaming at 1080p? Should i change to a GTX 780 with the extra cash? Or get a second PowerColor Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card so i would have 2? Is this good enough? 

This :)

hi

Hello again guys,

Well this build will be a mainly Gaming build but i will be editing for youtube a little, i will be rending on sony vegas and uploading videos. I am aiming for 1080p max settings with good fps (Over 60) on any game i will throw on it   :)

My parts so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1rVi5 (Please answer the questions down below)

if ur budget is 2000 USd and u do editing, sqeeze that 4770k in..

Hello again guys,

Oh, so you meant to use this as the actual thread and disregard the others.

You have three monitors, but you said 1080p, so I assume you'll only use one for gaming? This is important, because of two things:

1. 3 monitors means a res of 5760x1080, which is a lot more demanding than normal 1080p.
  2. AMD's CrossfireX is currently broken with Eyefinity (i.e. it has a lot of runt frames which means that it scales badly; check out pcper.com for more info). Crossfire works well for single monitor though.

For 1080p you should be fine with that GPU, and I don't think it would be worth getting a 780 (AMD Never Settle is a great deal). All the rumors I've heard say that the 9970 will wipe the floor with the 780, so go for the cheaper card now and maybe upgrade later?

Also, it doesn't look like you have money to spare with that parts list. If you do in fact have "extra cash," then by all means spend it on the more expensive GPU.

P.S. As ViruZ_HUN said, the 4770K is a better choice for editing/rendering. Does Vegas support AMD and Nvidia GPU acceleration? If it only supports one or the other, then that would be a deciding factor.

You have three monitors, but you said 1080p, so I assume you'll only use one for gaming? This is important, because of two things:

1. 3 monitors means a res of 5760x1080, which is a lot more demanding than normal 1080p.
  2. AMD's CrossfireX is currently broken with Eyefinity (i.e. it has a lot of runt frames which means that it scales badly; check out pcper.com for more info). Crossfire works well for single monitor though.

For 1080p you should be fine with that GPU, and I don't think it would be worth getting a 780 (AMD Never Settle is a great deal). All the rumors I've heard say that the 9970 will wipe the floor with the 780, so go for the cheaper card now and maybe upgrade later?

Also, it doesn't look like you have money to spare with that parts list. If you do in fact have "extra cash," then by all means spend it on the more expensive GPU.

P.S. As ViruZ_HUN said, the 4770K is a better choice for editing/rendering. Does Vegas support AMD and Nvidia GPU acceleration? If it only supports one or the other, then that would be a deciding factor.

Before i start i want to be sorry for being a beginner and not understanding many things, still learning.

1.Yes i will be gaming on only 1 monitor

2.I dont understand what you mean or what a crossfireX is sadly.

So with the extra cash what GPU should i go for? Maybe have 2 9970 GPUs?

As it is now do you think it would be able to be playable with ultra settings 1080p and above 60 fps? If so how much fps could i get with these settings for BF4, Far cry and any other game?

Increasig the budget to 2500$ though i really prefer spending less as much as possible but still getting over 60fps with 1080p ultra settings in everygame.

hi

Is the 4770K better or same then the 4670K for Games? I prefer more preformence game wise.

hi

Also is the 4770K OC able?

hi

Is the 4770K better or same then the 4670K for Games? I prefer more preformence game wise.

little bit better not much differnce but its much better in editing/rendering

Before i start i want to be sorry for being a beginner and not understanding many things, still learning.

1.Yes i will be gaming on only 1 monitor

2.I dont understand what you mean or what a crossfireX is sadly.

So with the extra cash what GPU should i go for? Maybe have 2 9970 GPUs?

As it is now do you think it would be able to be playable with ultra settings 1080p and above 60 fps? If so how much fps could i get with these settings for BF4, Far cry and any other game?

Increasig the budget to 2500$ though i really prefer spending less as much as possible but still getting over 60fps with 1080p ultra settings in everygame.

Also is the 4770K OC able?

All Intel CPUs with the "K" suffix are overclockable. These are often referred to as the K-series parts. The 4770K has more threads than the 4670k. Threads are not as powerful as full cores, so I like to think of them as half cores (but that probably isn't accurate with performance). Games can't take advantage of more cores and threads, but rendering and editing can. For gaming, i5 is the best value, for "professional" work, i7 is best.

Crossfire is the tech that lets you run multiple GPUs for the same application. Without it, games couldn't send workloads to both GPUs, and would ignore the second one (which is what happens when games don't support Crossfire or Nvidia's tech, SLI. Linus has videos on this (on TechQuickie), so you can check those out.

A 7970 should be just fine for the games you mentioned. If you want Crysis 3 at max, or Witcher with Ubersampling, I can't promise you 60 fps consistently. I've found that looking at GPU reviews is great because it gives FPS for many different games. Keep in mind that performance will be a little better than the review because of driver optimizations since the review went up. I know Logan/Teksyndicate has tested the 7970 with heavy workloads, so check his videos.

All Intel CPUs with the "K" suffix are overclockable. These are often referred to as the K-series parts. The 4770K has more threads than the 4670k. Threads are not as powerful as full cores, so I like to think of them as half cores (but that probably isn't accurate with performance). Games can't take advantage of more cores and threads, but rendering and editing can. For gaming, i5 is the best value, for "professional" work, i7 is best.

Crossfire is the tech that lets you run multiple GPUs for the same application. Without it, games couldn't send workloads to both GPUs, and would ignore the second one (which is what happens when games don't support Crossfire or Nvidia's tech, SLI. Linus has videos on this (on TechQuickie), so you can check those out.

A 7970 should be just fine for the games you mentioned. If you want Crysis 3 at max, or Witcher with Ubersampling, I can't promise you 60 fps consistently. I've found that looking at GPU reviews is great because it gives FPS for many different games. Keep in mind that performance will be a little better than the review because of driver optimizations since the review went up. I know Logan/Teksyndicate has tested the 7970 with heavy workloads, so check his videos.

Thanks so much means a lot to me :)

Uhm what are drivers? Where do i get them?

If i want to increase just my fps now what should i upgrade? My GPU, graphics card or anything else? can you please tell me what i should upgrade to what for me to improve the fps?

hi

Thanks so much means a lot to me :)

Uhm what are drivers? Where do i get them?

If i want to increase just my fps now what should i upgrade? My GPU, graphics card or anything else? can you please tell me what i should upgrade to what for me to improve the fps?

You're welcome :) (You can hit the "Like This" button if you like the post)

Drivers are low-level software that lets other software (e.g. games) interact with your hardware better. You can get graphics drivers from AMD and Nvidia's websites.

GPU is an acronym for "Graphics Processing Unit." There is usually one GPU per graphics card, but cards like the 7990 and 690 are dual-GPU. That means that they have two GPUs on one physical board. 

The 9970 would be the best deal in my opinion, but if you don't want to wait for it, then get a 780 now for the best performance. Honestly though, a 7970 should be enough for most games, but a very small number of games (like Crysis 3) that you can't play at max at 60 fps that stop me from recommending it, since that is important to you. Will you compromise a little bit for the sake of your wallet? That's up to you.