The Humble Origin Bundle

MetalLobster

They're finally trying to be a good company. 

I won't say "They'll have to try harder on this one"

The fact everything goes to charity is AWESOME

Now they just need Linux support and stop the sucking, and I'd like them.7

#PROTIP: 

Put the steam keys on steamgifts.com , you'll get origin versions anyway

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

One good thing EA has done. It looks like they are not accepting any money themselves for it either

Already have most of it on Steam, as well as BF3 on Origin. Only real benefit is Dead Space 3 for me. I'll pass.

Disappointed that Humble has lost most of its essence since it used to be all about Indie games and cross-platform games.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

damn this is a good deal 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Nice. Thanks for telling us. I forgot about humble bundle

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

I keep buying the humble bundles but I never play the games.. Oh well it's a good deal.

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

Already have most of it on Steam, as well as BF3 on Origin. Only real benefit is Dead Space 3 for me. I'll pass.

Disappointed that Humble has lost most of its essence since it used to be all about Indie games and cross-platform games.

They still do indie games but they are running out of Devs that want to participate i think, having large publishers do this is a good thing.  

Wasn't the whole point of the Humble Bundle to be able to support a charity? As long as I can put the money to charity, I think they have retained most of it's core values. 

Wasn't the whole point of the Humble Bundle to be able to support a charity? As long as I can put the money to charity, I think they have retained most of it's core values. 

"Early bundles featured independently developed, multi-platform games (including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux platforms) provided without digital rights management (DRM)."

DRM-free was pretty important, alongside supporting indie developers and charity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humble_Bundle Steam codes are only provided as an additional thing for people who wanted to have the games on Steam (I don't blame them, Steam is an acceptable form of DRM). Later bundles forced Steam activation, iirc, for games that weren't DRM-free.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Well besides of this not having linux support (I find it dissapointing but only thing is a won't give money to devs who don't make linux copies, I'll still buy the bundle) They would've made an origin bundle like this from the start if they could get EA Convinced. Only 1 problem, why the fuck would EA do this? This seems very awesome.

DRM Free is gone which is dissapointing, But tbh i don't really give a shit about DRM. Seems to work anyways lol.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

"Early bundles featured independently developed, multi-platform games (including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux platforms) provided without digital rights management (DRM)."

DRM-free was pretty important, alongside supporting indie developers and charity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humble_Bundle Steam codes are only provided as an additional thing for people who wanted to have the games on Steam (I don't blame them, Steam is an acceptable form of DRM). Later bundles forced Steam activation, iirc, for games that weren't DRM-free.

I see. Well, running a service like Humble Bundle isn't cheap. Got to get the money somehow, I guess =/

Picked up for BF3, DS3, and Crysis 2 ME.

For $5, not bad.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

No. Never a day one buyer. Just picked them up when they were on sale. 

Well, you can always gift the extra codes. "Friends give friends good games" - me 

Ea is trying to be awesome! good job ea

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Why did EA get so much hate in the first place? What did they do? I'm trying not to hate a company because everyone else does, so...

Why did EA get so much hate in the first place? What did they do?

Well for one, when Origin launched, it was crap. Also, the whole Sim City situation. 

That's all I know. There are probably 100 more reasons people don't like EA