tips for civ 5

pagani123

so i have been playing civ 5 for a while now but im always far behind when it comes to arms and research and i all ways end up loosing because i was taken over anyone have any tips for playing civ 5

thanks

maybach123

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Played for half an hour, no idea what I was doing. Also, I have the complete edition, still no idea what I am doing. Only paid $9 for the Complete though.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

focus on getting science up first

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

What difficulty are you playing on? Everything under Prince should give you an advantage over the AI.

Some tips would be

• Build for production in the beginning
  • Only research sciences that will benefit you immediately
  • After building the monument, build workers (unless you are exploring the Liberty culture tree)
  • Explore the culture trees that will benefit your civilization and/or playing style

These are just general rules and they will depend on the place you start, your civilization and you playing style.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

The Great Library is a good start, then go on to Education, then go on to do the military stuff.

Leave Sailing until you break into the Renaissance age because you can get away with it. Make sure you've got the great Library before starting on the bottom of the tech tree.